Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone knew why the power window on the passenger side is going up slower than usual. Seems to go down fairly quick, just when going up its been going slower and slower lately. Id love to know If it can be fixed. Thanks!, Marc

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
My driver's side window does that on my Turbo Z. Does yours make any clicking noises? I suspect the plastic chain drive is stripping out, so I bought a new one, but haven't opened the door up yet.

·
Super Moderator
21,363 Posts
Is this on the JX? They use a basically non-serviceable cable and reel-style window regulator drive. You can go inside the door and lube the guides and w/strips to reduce friction.
Balky window switches may also need the contacts cleaned. Often the switch contacts will pit and arc as they age and can be disassembled and cleaned up for lower resistance. A drop of Deoxit on the contact points after the service may help. Remember that the master (drivers side) window switch current also then has to pass through the normally-closed passenger side window switch contacts before getting to the passenger window motor. Any abnormally high resistance along this circuit can cause a large voltage drop and slow the motor.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont hear a clicking noise. Doesnt mean its not as i cant hear anymore. Gotten old. 46 and cant hear OR see anymore. But anyway, very interesting about the it having a master side. Um, its the 97 and it is the JX I think. It came with every option Sebring had at the time but i dont think they had a JXi until 98. It has 84k and is getting old so i think im going to have to do some window maintenance before im in the same boat as Mr Lincoln. A cable laying in my garage. maybe I should clean the master side contacts? Can i do that? And maybe i can do other maintenance to prolong the windows life. Any maintenance suggestions or tricks would be great help. Thanks! Marc-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you tried cleaning the window track and or trying window glide lubricant on the track and glass.
That's the first thing they always wanted us to do at the dealerships before I retired. I have
seen the magnets break loose in the regulator motor cause this problem also. Believe it or
not this happens a lot when people tend to slam or shut the doors a little too much gusto.
If the magnet has come loose try getting one from an auto recycler first one of those
you pull it places it's a lot cheaper than buying it from the dealer for about $100 plus
there normally around 10 to 15 bucks there just take a jump box so you can test it
before you take it out.. Hope this helped you out some.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts