Allpar Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
That Predator is pretty old. Diablo Sport has several much newer tuners that do more stuff. None of their tuners will work with a 2007 Turbo Lite. For PT's with stock PCM's, they will only work with 2003 thru 2006 PT GT's including some of the GT's with Stage 1 PCM's. To use them with a Turbo Light, you have to install a GT or your can possibly install a Stage 1 PCM from certain year models.

My custom PT Vert started life as a 2007 Turbo Lite. But Myckee made me a custom Stage 1 PCM that makes the DS tuner think it's a 2006 GT. You cannot just use a 2006 GT PCM in a 2007 Turbo Lite because the 2007 auto tranny was the first year to use variable line pressure which is controlled by the PCM. This means a custom PCM is needed in order to use a DS Tuner in a 2007 PT.

Myckee has a small company where he programs PCM's. You can contact him by PM over on the forum at PTCruiserLinks.com. If you don't have a forum account there, you can't get one. It's a "zombi" forum with no admin and no moderator. If you want to contact Myckee, let me know I will give him your information. 06PTElectricBlue likely has a way to contact Myckee as well.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
myckee is also a member here, he's helped several people on this forum, as well as on PTCL :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That Predator is pretty old. Diablo Sport has several much newer tuners that do more stuff. None of their tuners will work with a 2007 Turbo Lite. For PT's with stock PCM's, they will only work with 2003 thru 2006 PT GT's including some of the GT's with Stage 1 PCM's. To use them with a Turbo Light, you have to install a GT or your can possibly install a Stage 1 PCM from certain year models.

My custom PT Vert started life as a 2007 Turbo Lite. But Myckee made me a custom Stage 1 PCM that makes the DS tuner think it's a 2006 GT. You cannot just use a 2006 GT PCM in a 2007 Turbo Lite because the 2007 auto tranny was the first year to use variable line pressure which is controlled by the PCM. This means a custom PCM is needed in order to use a DS Tuner in a 2007 PT.

Myckee has a small company where he programs PCM's. You can contact him by PM over on the forum at PTCruiserLinks.com. If you don't have a forum account there, you can't get one. It's a "zombi" forum with no admin and no moderator. If you want to contact Myckee, let me know I will give him your information. 06PTElectricBlue likely has a way to contact Myckee as well.

Thanks, I already spoke with Mykee. I ask you how the Programming that he made worked for you, did you feel more power in the PT?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks, I already spoke with Mykee. I ask you how the Programming that he made worked for you, did you feel more power in the PT?
Oh yeah. I WHOLE lot more power.

For a Turbo Lite, you go from around 8 pounds of boost:

To around 15 pounds of boost:

Here's some video. Notice that I catch rubber in third gear. And listen to that exhaust. That's STOCK exhaust but with McKee's PCM installed. The "piss" sound is from a $30 Mopar Blow Off Valve (BOV). Also notice that I'm having to correct for torque steer. This is about as much power as the stock drive train can handle without work. Theoretically, horsepower has been increased from around 180 hp to near 250 hp. But a lot goes into that and I would have to put it on a dyno to make sure.

And here's the car boosting to 15 psi.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CioyisPPdVg&feature=youtu.be

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSzCSL_GyEA&feature=youtu.be

Reactions: 06PTElectricBlue

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah. I WHOLE lot more power.

For a Turbo Lite, you go from around 8 pounds of boost:

To around 15 pounds of boost:

Here's some video. Notice that I catch rubber in third gear. And listen to that exhaust. That's STOCK exhaust but with McKee's PCM installed. The "piss" sound is from a $30 Mopar Blow Off Valve (BOV). Also notice that I'm having to correct for torque steer. This is about as much power as the stock drive train can handle without work. Theoretically, horsepower has been increased from around 180 hp to near 250 hp. But a lot goes into that and I would have to put it on a dyno to make sure.

And here's the car boosting to 15 psi.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CioyisPPdVg&feature=youtu.be

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSzCSL_GyEA&feature=youtu.be
Thanks for the info, Myckee already has my PCM to program it. In addition to that programming, what else do you have Intake, Blow-Off in your PT?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Here's the Mopar style BOV. You can get them even cheaper on eBay:

https://www.amazon.com/BlackPath-Bl...ds=PT+cruiser+mopar+BOV&qid=1605290714&sr=8-1

You will likely want to add a boost gauge. Here's mine.

2-1/16 (at https://www.autometer.com/2-1-16-boost-vac-30-in-hg-20-psi-mech-4362.html )

On the cold air intake, like the BOV it makes a cool sound but likely doesn't add horsepower. One that comes with an air dam is likely best. But those are much more expensive. I recently got a used K&W cold air intake to replace the generic eBay model I have now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
strut bar where did you get it I can't find it for even PT 2007
As far as I can tell, no one make strut bars for the PT Cruiser anymore. One company was recently still making this basic one called the "Freedom Bar". But I believe they are no longer made either. I got mine from someone that was selling their accessories before selling their PT.

With slight modifications, all PT strut bars will fit all PT Cruiser no matter the year or model. The primary mode for the turbo PT's is to hollow out the bracket that holds the turbo solenoids.

On my PT Vert, I did mine with a angle grinder.

I also needed to offset the angle a bit.

This let the solenoids sit beside the strut bar bracket.

The best place to find a strut bar is to simply watch the "For Sale Section" of this and other forums where PT Cruisers are mentioned. There were many thousands of them made. You just need to find a used one. I have at least one spare. But I'm keeping it for now. ;)

Reactions: 06PTElectricBlue

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As far as I can tell, no one make strut bars for the PT Cruiser anymore. One company was recently still making this basic one called the "Freedom Bar". But I believe they are no longer made either. I got mine from someone that was selling their accessories before selling their PT.

With slight modifications, all PT strut bars will fit all PT Cruiser no matter the year or model. The primary mode for the turbo PT's is to hollow out the bracket that holds the turbo solenoids.

View attachment 72785

On my PT Vert, I did mine with a angle grinder.

View attachment 72786

I also needed to offset the angle a bit.

View attachment 72787

This let the solenoids sit beside the strut bar bracket.

View attachment 72788

The best place to find a strut bar is to simply watch the "For Sale Section" of this and other forums where PT Cruisers are mentioned. There were many thousands of them made. You just need to find a used one. I have at least one spare. But I'm keeping it for now. ;)
Thanks for the info. I already got the PCM that Mykee gave me. I have not mounted it yet.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for the info. I already got the PCM that Mykee gave me. I have not mounted it yet.
If you want to detail it like I did mine, let me know and I can make you a label. I can either print it out and mail it or just send you a pdf so you can print it for yourself. I will just need the tune numbers that Mckee used. Let me know.

Reactions: myckee

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you want to detail it like I did mine, let me know and I can make you a label. I can either print it out and mail it or just send you a pdf so you can print it for yourself. I will just need the tune numbers that Mckee used. Let me know.
My experience, Mykee super well treated and very professional. The PT cruiser responds much better and now I like it better. As for making video and that, it's not my thing. I don't know how to do that and it doesn't appeal to me. Your review is super good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts