Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello got a few questions here figured this was the best place to ask.

Need some help, my parents are looking to buy a Chrysler Pacifica as their retirement vehicle. The one they are looking at has a price of 48k and is fully loaded with dealership discounts they are down to 41k. My mom's cousin and my godfather works at the Jeep plant in Toledo and she has never asked him for assistance in the past but he has always offered it in terms of UAW discounts. She mentioned this at the dealership and they said it's not worth it since the discount she's getting now is not as good as an employee discount. I think they are pulling a fast one. Has anyone here ever bought a car with a UAW discount? On average do you know how much of a discount it is? Also do you apply it after negotiating (I am guessing you do)? My mom has already reached out to her cousin and left him a message but he has not called back yet. Just wanted to get a few other opinions on this as well.

Also opinions on the Pacifica? I always heard good things on the Pentastar V6 but curious anything to look out for on them?

·
Super Moderator
36,920 Posts
You don't get a UAW discount after negotiating. The idea is this is a non-negotiated good deal.
The pricing will likely be invoice minus some percentage (1%?). If qualified, they will show the invoice to verify the pricing.
You can still be eligible for incentives and rebates on top of that.

It is quite possible the deal being offered is better. The way to know is to confirm with the relative the deal they can provide with their control number. You can easily google and find the invoice pricing for the Pacifica and options. Once you find that, subtract the discount below invoice plus any rebates and compare that to what the dealer offered.

Reactions: Dave Z

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't get a UAW discount after negotiating. The idea is this is a non-negotiated good deal.
The pricing will likely be invoice minus some percentage (1%?). If qualified, they will show the invoice to verify the pricing.
You can still be eligible for incentives and rebates on top of that.

It is quite possible the deal being offered is better. The way to know is to confirm with the relative the deal they can provide with their control number. You can easily google and find the invoice pricing for the Pacifica and options. Once you find that, subtract the discount below invoice plus any rebates and compare that to what the dealer offered.
Great thanks for the info. My mom is still waiting for a call back from my cousin I guess he works 3rd shift so he might be sleeping right now but I passed that info along to her and my dad.

Any opinions on the Pacifica? This would be their first Chrysler product ever if they pull the trigger.

·
Valued Member
2,245 Posts
Hello got a few questions here figured this was the best place to ask.

Need some help, my parents are looking to buy a Chrysler Pacifica as their retirement vehicle. The one they are looking at has a price of 48k and is fully loaded with dealership discounts they are down to 41k. My mom's cousin and my godfather works at the Jeep plant in Toledo and she has never asked him for assistance in the past but he has always offered it in terms of UAW discounts. She mentioned this at the dealership and they said it's not worth it since the discount she's getting now is not as good as an employee discount. I think they are pulling a fast one. Has anyone here ever bought a car with a UAW discount? On average do you know how much of a discount it is? Also do you apply it after negotiating (I am guessing you do)? My mom has already reached out to her cousin and left him a message but he has not called back yet. Just wanted to get a few other opinions on this as well.

Also opinions on the Pacifica? I always heard good things on the Pentastar V6 but curious anything to look out for on them?
I am a Chrysler Salaried retiree. I can get you a control number if your cousin can't get you one. Dealer starts with "Friends" price then adds any rebates, deals etc.

Here are the rules:

Preferred Price: The retail purchase or lease price of any vehicle under this program is called the “Preferred Price” (a maximum of 1% below factory invoice plus a $75 administration fee). The preferred price is printed on the factory invoice and is identified with “PP”. The customer has the right to see the factory invoice and verify the “PP” price. Dealer installed options are negotiable between the participant and the dealer, and must be itemized and individually priced on a fully executed Bill of Sale, and FCA US LLC Affiliate Rewards Pricing and Acknowledgement Form signed by the Dealer and the purchaser/lessee. A net Bill of Sale without detail is not acceptable. The Dealer Price to purchaser/lessee is calculated by adding Dealer-Installed Options and/or Over Allowance on Trade amounts to the Preferred Price. The participant may not be charged for any preparation fees, delivery and handling charges, service or overhead fees, or any other such delivery fees under this Program. Documentation fees are allowable under the respective governing State in which the vehicle is titled.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am a Chrysler Salaried retiree. I can get you a control number if your cousin can't get you one. Dealer starts with "Friends" price then adds any rebates, deals etc.

Here are the rules:

Preferred Price: The retail purchase or lease price of any vehicle under this program is called the “Preferred Price” (a maximum of 1% below factory invoice plus a $75 administration fee). The preferred price is printed on the factory invoice and is identified with “PP”. The customer has the right to see the factory invoice and verify the “PP” price. Dealer installed options are negotiable between the participant and the dealer, and must be itemized and individually priced on a fully executed Bill of Sale, and FCA US LLC Affiliate Rewards Pricing and Acknowledgement Form signed by the Dealer and the purchaser/lessee. A net Bill of Sale without detail is not acceptable. The Dealer Price to purchaser/lessee is calculated by adding Dealer-Installed Options and/or Over Allowance on Trade amounts to the Preferred Price. The participant may not be charged for any preparation fees, delivery and handling charges, service or overhead fees, or any other such delivery fees under this Program. Documentation fees are allowable under the respective governing State in which the vehicle is titled.
Thank you so much! My mom did speak to her cousin last night and he got her a control number but he didn't really explain how it worked so well. I sent her exactly what you said and she said that made a whole lot more sense than what he said so thank you so much for that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts