Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home from Englishtown I had an "almost" overheat scare. The temp gauge went up to the line below "H". So I pulled over and noticed the fan was NOT on. By the time I opened the hood and looked at the connections the fan did turn on. So I drove the car home with the heater on Full blast (that sucked) and when there was traffic the temp went up to that line again. I did make it home watching the gauge go up to that line then down when I was driving at 60 mph.

So question #1:
On the 89 Daytona's does the fan turn on if you unplug the coolant temp sensor?

Qestion #2:
Is the fan supposed to stay running when the car is OFF until the temp goes down?

I will be changing the Thermostat and coolant sensor and antifreeze no matter what.

Also after I shut the car down at home the antfreeze in the overflow bottle was boiling and I put the fan on by putting direct power to it to cool the radiator etc. That worked.

Any other helpful hints?

Thanks....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where do I get the housing and bolts? I hope to be doing the change this weekend.
I was actually looking for a polished housing and bolts and I cannot find any that are for the 2.2L.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.