Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I recently purchased a '79 New Yorker, and spent a lot of time trying for find internet support for R body owners. There doesn't seem to be much love out there for us, so here I am!

Why would I buy one of these? Well, about 26 years ago I had a '80 New Yorker as a winter beater up in Minneapolis, and loved it. Nice, comfortable cars that handle way better than the average land yacht.

I promise to post pics later. If you know of any parts sources for these, please shout out.

Thank you,

Chris
Port Orange, FL

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have an 80 Volare. I really enjoy just going places in it so I can relate to you. .Mechanical parts seem relatively easy to find for my 80. Rock Auto, NAPA etc. AACA site has some info from other owners ( Home Page Article ) WPC is a big club with lots of members as well( WPC Home - the World's Largest Chrysler Products Club !) (Resources for Parts and Restoration of Chrysler Products) Parts link. There are others I don't know much about but might be worth looking into. (National Chrysler Products Club) for one. Welcome and enjoy your time here

·
Super Moderator
38,725 Posts
I am one of very few people who had every variation of the R body:
1979 Chrysler Newport
1979 Dodge St Regis (A38)
1980 Plymouth Gran Fury (A38)
1981 Chrysler Ney Yorker Fifth Avenue

The are good cars. Mechanically, parts are easy. body and trim parts are harder to find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am one of very few people who had every variation of the R body:
1979 Chrysler Newport
1979 Dodge St Regis (A38)
1980 Plymouth Gran Fury (A38)
1981 Chrysler Ney Yorker Fifth Avenue

The are good cars. Mechanically, parts are easy. body and trim parts are harder to find.
You may be the only person who has had all variations! Hats off to you, sir.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever find a place for R body parts or love? I just picked up a 79 Newport and I cannot believe how much I love this car. I've never had one, and I don't understand why. Unfortunately it's not in the best shape, so I have a project on my hands. There is a group on Facebook that includes R bodies, but it's pretty quiet and only the admin seems to answer.

·
Super Moderator
38,725 Posts
Did you ever find a place for R body parts or love? I just picked up a 79 Newport and I cannot believe how much I love this car. I've never had one, and I don't understand why. Unfortunately it's not in the best shape, so I have a project on my hands. There is a group on Facebook that includes R bodies, but it's pretty quiet and only the admin seems to answer.
Try Murray Park. Despite the website name, he’s got R body parts.

Reactions: SWalker
1 - 6 of 6 Posts