Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the late-seventies B-body interchange with the D/W series trucks? They kind of look the same.

·
Super Moderator
36,907 Posts
There is overlap with the B series vans, at least in the aftermarket replacement radiators.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Err, I meant the cars, not the vans. Sorry, I should have been more clear about that.

I ask because I have both an '82 D350 that I'm going to put previous-generation front clip sheet metal on to, and the '78 Cordoba. I actually have an extra radiator or two, I seem to luck out when I go to the junkyard, finding newly-installed ones in junked vehicles.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Tannon, if the width and height of the two radiator cores are the same, and the outlets are on the proper sides/positions, if you have the truck radiator that is bad, a radiator shop can change the mounting brackets from one to the other, if that is the issue. If the radiator physically fits, you can drill new holes and mount it any way you need.

·
Super Moderator
36,907 Posts
I mean the Cordoba and van radiators are service by the same aftermarket part. Couldn't find any aftermarket radiator that was listed to fit a pickup and a Cordoba but did not check every one.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*nod*

It looks pretty close, I guess when I get that truck on the road we'll find out for certain.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts