Allpar Forums banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
I installed these two speakers while in my car. They don't work. Why? Not a big deal in any way, I am just curious what else I would need to make them work...
You have a 1999 van... that year, those rear tweeters are managed by the Infinity amps on the rear 6x9s. Since you didn't grab those, and your van won't power them up anyway without some other wiring changes, the tweeters simply aren't getting any signal.

Are there capacitors in the leads to each tweeter? If so, you can splice the tweeter wires to the main signal wires at the rear 6x9s and they should work that way. If there are no capacitors in the tweeter leads, you'll blow the tweeters doing that.

When you pull the rear 6x9s, you'll see the connector is a 6 pin that should have all wires present. Power and ground for the amps runs to two of them (or they would if the van had Infinity and the NBS relay and choke was there)... the other two pairs run to the head unit and rear tweeters. I don't recall offhand which is which... you'll need to figure out which run to the head unit and which run to the tweeters to do the splice.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts