Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dodge Muscle Cars With Over 1,000 HP Are Coming, Suggests Ralph Gilles

Speaking on the ninth episode of the Brembo Red podcast, Ralph Gilles made it crystal clear that electric assistance is the way forward. Skip to the 6:50 mark, and you’ll hear the host, Dan Sandberg, ask the head of design at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles when we’ll see a production car with over 1,000 hp.
“It might be a combination of electrification and gas,”
said Ralph Gilles. “The technology is there.” What technology, you may be asking yourself?
Take a look at the world of supercars, and you’ll notice lots of hybrid and plug-in hybrid applications. FCA intends to replicate this formula for the next-generation Challenger, which is going to pack an interesting tranny.

Such exciting news! I love it! 😁😁😁

·
Registered
174 Posts
Wow... I don't actually care. :( It makes me sad to say this.

I'd much prefer some new vehicles by my favorite brands I can afford. No more of this silly ego-stroking.
I have a powerful car and it isnt for ego!!!

I enjoy driving it,taking it to the track,some side road romps and listening to the new HEMI roar and my old car's 440(535c.i now) roar like hell !!!! It actually relaxes me,some people go for walks,stare at the moon or some painting that looks like its painted by a by an insane person,I go for a drive or look at my car and let it idle,it relaxes me makes me feel good..I always was a car guy even as a todler!! Sure some people buy cars of any make that are expensive just to show off and they have no real interest in cars...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am not a fan of electric cars but if worst comes to worse at least a Hybrid 6.2 HEMI...I cant see myself buying an all electric car in my life...We will see how this gong show of current politicians who screw us in the car world plays out!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I imagine the interesting transmission will be hybrid? What are the chances we will see a k direct drive style?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
So let me get this right: Y'all want 1000+ HP but don't want to pay for it?
Or it can't be electrified because... why, exactly? It doesn't make your bits tingle? I guarantee you that you've never felt the instant torque of a Tesla then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a powerful car and it isnt for ego!!!

I enjoy driving it,taking it to the track,some side road romps and listening to the new HEMI roar and my old car's 440(535c.i now) roar like hell !!!! It actually relaxes me,some people go for walks,stare at the moon or some painting that looks like its painted by a by an insane person,I go for a drive or look at my car and let it idle,it relaxes me makes me feel good..I always was a car guy even as a todler!! Sure some people buy cars of any make that are expensive just to show off and they have no real interest in cars...
Wow... I don't actually care. :( It makes me sad to say this.

I'd much prefer some new vehicles by my favorite brands I can afford. No more of this silly ego-stroking.
It’s “ego stroking” for you guys that are too broke to partake in my experience. And yes, I drive a 2019 B5 RedBody. Sans ego.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Agreed cars that are north of $60,000 may as well be Lamborghinis to the average car buyer. I really don't think it will help sell anymore V6 or 5.7L Chargers or Challengers either, which is what the average buyer can afford. It might make nice YouTube videos but 1000 HP cars won't save Dodge from the automotive grave yard by the end of the decade. These expensive cars are a niche product. If they were serious about these car's future we would see new sheet metal coming, less weight and serious turbo 4 and hybrid options at prices under $40,000.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sounds awesome, if I am going to drive a hybrid it has to be a fast one no doubt.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
537 Posts
Agreed cars that are north of $60,000 may as well be Lamborghinis to the average car buyer. I really don't think it will help sell anymore V6 or 5.7L Chargers or Challengers either, which is what the average buyer can afford. It might make nice YouTube videos but 1000 HP cars won't save Dodge from the automotive grave yard by the end of the decade. These expensive cars are a niche product. If they were serious about these car's future we would see new sheet metal coming, less weight and serious turbo 4 and hybrid options at prices under $40,000.
Well-said.

·
Registered
393 Posts
This is the main reason why SRT folded within Stellantis engineering program
SRT didn't "fold" within Stellantis.
SRT was absorbed into the complete Vehicle Engineering Department under FCA well over a year ago.

Get over it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
So let me get this right: Y'all want 1000+ HP but don't want to pay for it?
Or it can't be electrified because... why, exactly? It doesn't make your bits tingle? I guarantee you that you've never felt the instant torque of a Tesla then.
Don't think I've seen anybody ask for 1000hp.

I'm merely asking for a spirited driver oriented 300-350 and they can't/won't do that. So i just laugh at the rich bois measuring peens while i slowly build my 440 cruiser.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts