Allpar Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

Registered
I've been called worse. You know the old sayings about opinions right? 馃槀
Yeah, I've been in the Army 28 years. I've developed a thicker skin and a sense of humor about things that would've set me off as an 18 year old. Still, if you don't nip certain things in the bud, they often become cancerous. Witness Ft. Hood.

Registered
Difference of opinion. You're more upset about it than he is.

Yet you continue to get upset at everything I say that you don't like. Still can't learn to ignore.
Do you just come here to thump your chest? Like I said, this isn't your local bar. If you wouldn't say it in front of your Mom, it probably shouldn't be said in this forum.

Registered
Do you just come here to thump your chest? Like I said, this isn't your local bar. If you wouldn't say it in front of your Mom, it probably shouldn't be said in this forum.
You're doing it more than I am. You have a real issue with anything and anyone you disagree with.

I made the silver spoon joke because I've never seen someone in their early 20s complain about a harsh ride while claiming they are a driving enthusiast. Even the person it was directed at rolled it off, but not you.

Registered
I made the silver spoon joke because I've never seen someone in their early 20s complain about a harsh ride while claiming they are a driving enthusiast. Even the person it was directed at rolled it off, but not you.
You must not have many friends then? I mean, I know I did before 30, I know my friend who carpooled with me did as well. We both said how the SRT8 suspension in the Charger was a little harsh but still compliant, any more would have likely been intolerable, and I whipped that thing around corners like it was 1000lbs lighter than it was. Probably the only person whose front tires wore out almost as quickly as their rear tires.

Enjoy it. I sincerely hope you never develop back issues to where you use your seat heater year-round to help with the pain. For those of us with back issues who still like to have fun, we tend to like the heavier cars because they are better-riding in general.

Reactions: World14

Registered
You're doing it more than I am. You have a real issue with anything and anyone you disagree with.

Do me a favor. Quit peeing down my leg, then having the audacity to tell me it's raining.

Reactions: World14

Registered
We both said how the SRT8 suspension in the Charger was a little harsh but still compliant, any more would have likely been intolerable, and I whipped that thing around corners like it was 1000lbs lighter than it was. Probably the only person whose front tires wore out almost as quickly as their rear tires.
Now, if you've seen anything I've said (FWIW, which admittedly is about worth the electrons that bring it to Allpar) regarding the Challenger, it's no track star relative to say a Giulia QV or say an M3/4, but it's definitely no slouch. I found one of the few stretches of twisty road near me yesterday and wrung The Beast (09 R/T Track Pack, 6M Tremec) out through some good hard curves, to good effect. Fortunately, the I-69 extension construction has reduced regular traffic on this particular road. Still, I wouldn't want to be fighting "God's speed bumps" in an SRT without some high tech shocks these days. I've brought her 90 degrees at an intersection, popping the clutch in a turn. Had no idea how effective that trick was, even with 10" steamrollers out back, until I did that at Reagan and US40 outside of Plainfield. Thank God "Officer Friendly" wasn't hanging around at the time. 馃槑

Reactions: Tomguy

Registered
You must not have many friends then? I mean, I know I did before 30, I know my friend who carpooled with me did as well. We both said how the SRT8 suspension in the Charger was a little harsh but still compliant, any more would have likely been intolerable, and I whipped that thing around corners like it was 1000lbs lighter than it was. Probably the only person whose front tires wore out almost as quickly as their rear tires.

Enjoy it. I sincerely hope you never develop back issues to where you use your seat heater year-round to help with the pain. For those of us with back issues who still like to have fun, we tend to like the heavier cars because they are better-riding in general.
I go for quality friends not quantity. The friends I do have I would trust to anything at all.

I actually have sciatic problems and pinched a disc when I was 19. Never fully healed but I do my exercises and stretching and it is more than manageable. I still have no issue driving harsh cars at length. I just take care of the issue. Really good try though.

Do me a favor. Quit peeing down my leg, then having the audacity to tell me it's raining.
Two way street.

Registered
Now, if you've seen anything I've said (FWIW, which admittedly is about worth the electrons that bring it to Allpar) regarding the Challenger, it's no track star relative to say a Giulia QV or say an M3/4, but it's definitely no slouch. I found one of the few stretches of twisty road near me yesterday and wrung the Beast (09 R/T Track Pack, 6M Tremec) out through some good hard curves, to good effect.
The SRT suspension would still be a nice upgrade, at the cost of a bit of ride, IF you wanted. I can tell you that anyone who says the LX steering is "Numb" in the first-gen LX cars is right... until you get above 9/10. Then you can actually get VERY good feedback out of it, especially with that SRT suspension, and it's shockingly fun. The platform is rather remarkably engineered for that, if you ask me.

Registered
ITwo way street.
Taking this outside, where it belongs.
The SRT suspension would still be a nice upgrade, at the cost of a bit of ride, IF you wanted. I can tell you that anyone who says the LX steering is "Numb" in the first-gen LX cars is right... until you get above 9/10. Then you can actually get VERY good feedback out of it, especially with that SRT suspension, and it's shockingly fun. The platform is rather remarkably engineered for that, if you ask me.
If money was no object, I'd have a Scat Pack. I understand the newer cars have a really dynamite suspension.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts