Allpar Forums banner

3281 - 3300 of 3300 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Devildodge, I was told by a local dealer he was unable to order ram boxes on incoming stock. This is from dealership owner. Maybe temporary delay?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yes, it seems there are a few things on delay right now. Not sure of reason, but I feel suppliers and Ram didnt really expect eTorque and Rambox to sell so well...but they are.

Maybe they are getting ready for the 6'4 also in RamBox and they want to hold off as not to upset people like so many who had to have the truck and now as more options open up are frustrated they didnt wait.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Also some people have mentioned that sold orders seem to have more options open at different times from dealer stock options...just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
Devildodge, I was told by a local dealer he was unable to order ram boxes on incoming stock. This is from dealership owner. Maybe temporary delay?
19MY RAM 1500 (DT) Closed for Stock Orders for the remainder of the order run:
*A67 Level II Equipment Group - LARAMIE
*A68 Level II Equipment Group and ALN Body Color Bumper - LONGHORN
*ALC Black Appearance Package and AEF Sport Appearance Packaged - BIG HORN
*GWJ Dual Pane Sunroof and XB9 RAMBOX - BIG HORN, LARAMIE, REBEL and LONGHORN
*SER Air Suspension - LARAMIE and REBEL

Reactions: Devildodge

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
In a previous post I said I was surprised to to DT Rams in our daily rental fleet. We're swimming in Ford F150s and when Ford had some production issues we also purchased a number of Ram Classics, so I thought I wouldn't see the new DT Rams for quite awhile. I live near the regional headquarters for my employer, and when driving by I saw a brand new DT Ram in the parking lot. That is when I figured out why we received the new generation of Rams. Higher level managers get the use of a company vehicle. They can order what they want, but it must be from one of the vehicles in a current fleet order. Of the pickup trucks we are receiving this fall, there is a choice of the Ford F-150, Chevy Colorado, Nissan Frontier, and Toyota Tacoma. The Ram 1500 was suddenly added to the mix and a few people were able to order their company car from that order.

I have a reputation for being extremely indecisive, but even I could choose instantly from that list.:D

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I didn't want to start a new thread for this. The EPA's fueleconomy.gov website has the 2019 Ram 1500 HFE listed at 23 combined, 20 city and 26 highway. I went to the Ram website and there is nothing about this model. Does anyone know what's up with this?

·
Banned
1,295 Posts
I didn't want to start a new thread for this. The EPA's fueleconomy.gov website has the 2019 Ram 1500 HFE listed at 23 combined, 20 city and 26 highway. I went to the Ram website and there is nothing about this model. Does anyone know what's up with this?

If its like before i bet its a v6 quad cab model . But with the pentastar instead of the ecodiesel.

Also had a bed cover before.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looking to order a truck. Any update on when the multi-function tailgate will be available? Original press release stated 2nd quarter. Will the rambox be offered on the 6' 4" bed?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Go to 2wd quad cab 6'4 bed with v6...a Tradesman.

That is where it was

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Here is an update on our fleet. We have been getting a lot of new trucks in. Ram ProMasters and HDs for the truck rental operation and Ram Classics, DT Big Horns and Laramies for our daily rentals. The big surprise was getting in a pack of Rebels. One of them sits in an executive spot at the base. I have no rational reason to own Ram Rebel, but I want one badly.

This morning I parked at base in the worker drone's lot at the operations base, as is my usual custom. (I don't get a reserved spot with Rebel company vehicle to park it in.:() I went to the lot where the cars ready to be placed back into operations are available to drive to the rental operations at the airport. Most of the vehicles are pulled for routine maintenance and returned quickly, but also the new vehicles are prepped and then put in the line with the ones returning from maintenance. I got to finish the rest of my journey to work in a brand new Ram 1500 Quad Cab with Laramie trim. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it.:p

The big surprise with this Ram was the message on the dash that said stop/start system is not ready. I'm used to to seeing it on other vehicles and having Lincolns die in the car wash by barely touching the brake pedal, but I've never seen that message on a Ram truck. First of all most stop/start systems don't work on a cold motor. That's why there is a message saying S/S isn't available. I began to suspect that I had a Ram with the BSG. I popped the hood when I got it to the cleaning station and there was a Hemi with the BSG as I suspected.

The Hemi with the BSG is very smooth and quiet. The tach read somewhere between 1,300 and 1,400 RPM at 60 mph. Ram people have stated the mild hybrid system only works below 2,000 RPM. I was able to hold 1,300 RPM while cruising and there was no drama. The journalists that complain the system doesn't work should go back to driving school. The truck is a very relaxed highway cruiser. The Ram was also very polite in the parking garage. The BSG is not jerky-jerky like the small Jeeps, and most other brands. The system needs very little throttle input and moves easily. Going up the ramp was the exact opposite of the Ford EcoBoost, 10-speeds. I have driven enough F-150 Fords with the off-road package to know from the dash readout that our ramp is a 7% incline. I drive up 3 stories. Where as the Ford goes up in fits and starts, the Ram quietly moves along at 1,200 RPM. Rams without the BSG require a delicate touch because the tires will break loose with any throttle input and they can't handle the incline at 1,200 RPM. The ramp surface is usually wet since the vehicles are coming out of the car wash.

Someone else also had a new Ram at work today. They backed over the spikes at one of the gates and ruined the left rear tire. Never trust the backup camera.

3281 - 3300 of 3300 Posts