Allpar Forums banner

581 - 600 of 3300 Posts

·
Mopar Guru!
12,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #581
This truck is what I want too order!
To confirm this is called the "Laramie black" which is different then getting a Laramie in black with spot package correct? The "Laramie black" gets you the rebel hood correct? Last question, Laramie can bed ordered with bench seating upfront, can I order bench seating in the " Laramie black"?
Laramie Black 4x4 Crew Cab correct with the HEMI.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Going on and reading comments that people have been making on Ram Trucks and FCA Facebook post about the new DT truck and seeing all the negative comments, reminds me of the public responded to the BR Ram 1500 (1994 to 2001) when it was launched in 1993 and it was a love it or hate it vehicle. We all know how that truck went on and sold.

Seems like everytime Ralph Gilles' team makes a controversial since taking over in 2009, the very controversial vehicles sell well... look at Cherokee.
Other brands [person who likes a particular brand]s or sour grapes. This truck is smoking hot and there’s no doubt about it. I think most of the critics on here will change their tune after the truck grows on them within the next 12 months or so. ;)
I Showed the DT pics to a Ford guy and Chevy guy (both looking for new trucks) at work this morning. Both of them raised eyebrows and really liked the truck. They had a ton of questions.
This truck will sell if only on looks and features alone. IMO the only real question mark is the drive train...however both guys at work today seemed extremely interested in the mild “hybrid” option. They both drive a lot more miles for work than I do. Having a truck is preferred in my business...if you can afford the fuel. Lol so yeah, it was an intriguing subject. I ford guy was a little bit more skeptical because he already bought Ecoboost scam and doesn’t really trust the manufactures word for it.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Mopar Guru!
12,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
This truck is what I want to order!
To confirm this is called the "Laramie black" which is different then getting a Laramie in black with sport package correct? The "Laramie black" gets you the rebel hood correct? Last question, Laramie can be ordered with bench seating upfront, can I order bench seating in the " Laramie black"?
I believe Laramies all come with a center console... have to wait till they release all the specs, which should be coming in just a couple of weeks if that!

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
I was just getting ready to post that pic! That picture gave me hope! When i purchased my 2015 Laramie blackout/ sport version the only thing it didn't have to make it My dream truck was the 6 seating.
The only thing I wonder about is whether or not the Laramie Black includes the monochromatic interior package. If so, that picture is not of the Laramie Black. There is some wood visible at the top of the dash in that picture.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The only thing I wonder about is whether or not the "Laramie Black" includes the monochromatic interior package. If so, that picture is not of the Laramie Black. There is some wood visible at the top of the dash in that picture.
I was certain that pic is not the " Laramie black" . Just hoping it could have that option for 6 seating. In the "Laramie black"

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
I was certain that pic is not the " Laramie black" . Just hoping it could have that option for 6 seating. I'm the "Laramie black"
The Laramie Black is the one I want too, I just don't really care for the 22" wheel size. I want a little bit more "meat" on my tires so 20" would be perfect. Really looking forward to the full release of the specs and package details.

Reactions: Alonzo Del Real

·
The "Front-Line" Perspective
3,245 Posts
The Laramie Black is the one I want too, I just don't really care for the 22" wheel size. I want a little bit more "meat" on my tires so 20" would be perfect. Really looking forward to the full release of the specs and package details.
I'm praying that if you get the "Sport Package" the "Sport Performance Hood (Rebel hood)" is an option. That hood looks 1000% better.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Is there a pic of that center seat folded down? I haven't seen one yet.

So, @redriderbob said the other day about how in 1994 there was only regular cabs. And now there is no show for regular cabs. This truck really is everything. Wish they would have blown ford and chevy away with a crew cab long bed. But i really hope they didn't discontinue the regular cab long bed.

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
I'm praying that if you get the "Sport Package" the "Sport Performance Hood (Rebel hood)" is an option. That hood looks 1000% better.
As far as I can tell, Sport Package in black with a black interior would be pretty much a Laramie Black minus wheels and hood. But the hood could be included in the Laramie Sport as a differentiating factor from the Big Horn Sport. So it may be possible to get what is essentially a Laramie Black with 20" wheels.

So, @redriderbob said the other day about how in 1994 there was only regular cabs. And now there is no show for regular cabs. This truck really is everything. Wish they would have blown ford and chevy away with a crew cab long bed. But i really hope they didn't discontinue the regular cab long bed.
I haven't seen a picture of the seat folded either. And the press release mentions the existence crew cab long bed. :)

Reactions: ScramFan

·
The "Front-Line" Perspective
3,245 Posts

There's no way they discontinued A) Reg Cab and B) a 8ft box on the Reg Cab.

It's a Tradesman special.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Big Horn from the 2019 brochure.
That is just awesome!
Although somewhat maligned by some, I’m really happy they kept The Knob. It’s integrated so well and really allows a ton of extra space/storage in the new truck.
Any word on a manual transmission offering?

Reactions: Devildodge

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
As far as I can tell, Sport Package in black with a black interior would be pretty much a Laramie Black minus wheels and hood. But the hood could be included in the Laramie Sport as a differentiating factor from the Big Horn Sport. So it may be possible to get what is essentially a Laramie Black with 20" wheels.

I haven't seen a picture of the seat folded either. And the press release mentions the existence crew cab long bed. :)
Yes they mean 6'4" and the short bed is 5'7" but I meant 8 foot were I wrote longbed.

·
Mopar Guru!
12,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #597

Right, but I mean to say, I think you have to have a full center console for the 12.1 UConnect option... for that exact model he was talking about.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I personally believe the only thing holding this truck back at this point is the uconnect. Uconect has lost it's touch in recent years and has started to lag behind, uconnect is also bad in term of it being in the shape of a box. If they could make it into a rectangle like all other system that would give it the very last push to help the interior flow even better. I've already seen videos of the current uconnect showing the system lagging/not registering inputs which does get quite annoying, that's one thing tesla has over many companies.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yup! Wheels go away and replace with 20" and
20171029_130622.jpg
35"mud terrain for me!

581 - 600 of 3300 Posts