Allpar Forums banner

601 - 620 of 3300 Posts

·
The "Front-Line" Perspective
3,245 Posts
I personally believe the only thing holding this truck back at this point is the uconnect. Uconect has lost it's touch in recent years and has started to lag behind, uconnect is also bad in term of it being in the shape of a box. If they could make it into a rectangle like all other system that would give it the very last push to help the interior flow even better. I've already seen videos of the current uconnect showing the system lagging/not registering inputs which does get quite annoying, that's one thing tesla has over many companies.
Have you used Ford or Chev's infotainment? Have you tried to navigate through the 300+ buttons in most luxury vehicles?

Uconnect is still hands-down the best infotainment on the market.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I also wish they gave more options for the radio surrounding area. Gloss black is a horrible choice. On the dart it's already scratched to hell and it catches finger prints really easily, i use it to stabilize my hand when clicking the uconnect.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Have you used Ford or Chev's infotainment? Have you tried to navigate through the 300+ buttons in most luxury vehicles?

Uconnect is still hands-down the best infotainment on the market.
Sorry but it is not the best infotainment on the market anymore. It is laid out better the most but it is no longer the best and hasn't for a few years now.

·
3,245 Posts
Sorry but it is not the best infotainment on the market anymore. It is laid out better the most but it is no longer the best and hasn't for a few years now.
Whose is better?

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Whose is better?
Audi, bmw, tesla, Hyundai/kia is pretty good, Benz, volvo. Yes mos tof these are luxry cars but the uconnect used to be way better then them. They no longer lag/not have issues with finger registration like the uconnect does. The biggest issue with uconnct is it's lag from screen to screen and it being an ugly square

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
The comments are mind boggling. So far, I've seen variants of "It looks cheap", "It looks like a Tundra", "It looks like a Chevy", "It looks like a Ford", and my favorite, "They had to change the looks because the previous version was selling so poorly".
Let's remember how many on these forums were saying it was awful and looked like a chevy/toyota/whatever. The rest of the public needs to go through the same journey. In the end they also will agree it looks like a RAM.

·
3,245 Posts
Audi, bmw, tesla, Hyundai/kia is pretty good, Benz, volvo. Yes mos tof these are luxry cars but the uconnect used to be way better then them. They no longer lag/not have issues with finger registration like the uconnect does. The biggest issue with uconnct is it's lag from screen to screen and it being an ugly square
Do you have the first-gen Uconnect? Uconnect 3C doesn't even delay - Uconnect 4C (current) is fast like a tablet.

Audi's is garbage, they lean on Android Auto/ Car Play as being the primary interface.

BMW's is garbage, menus within menus to get to anything important.

Hyundai/Kia... really?

Benz isn't as user-friendly as Uconnect.

Volvo has an excellent infotainment, competitive with Uconnect.

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
There was an article a while back on here about how future versions will come in more shapes and sizes. I had a few issues with Uconnect in my 2017 Charger, but honestly it was still far better than any other system I've used even with the occasional lag. Uvo is... not great. It is responsive but has, in my opinion, a convoluted menu structure and confusing layout.

I have had Uconnect in my past three vehicles and I'm not sure I could be convinced to buy a vehicle without it.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Do you have the first-gen Uconnect? Uconnect 3C doesn't even delay - Uconnect 4C (current) is fast like a tablet.

Audi's is garbage, they lean on Android Auto/ Car Play as being the primary interface.

Hyundai/Kia... really?

I know you're in denial but uconnect has fallen behind. The dart uconnect has lagged multiple times, some with cherokee, same with challenger, there's plenty of videos of the trackhawks and Maserati lagging behind and taking multiple touches. Unonnect is good for being user friendly but it is not fast anymore, especially if it needs to load numerous pages like the srt performance pages

·
Registered
216 Posts

Hyundai/Kia... really?

Volvo is the only infotainment system I've encountered that comes close to the UConnect in user interface and ease of use. That being said, it's extremly good.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
There was an article a while back on here about how future versions will come in more shapes and sizes. I had a few issues with Uconnect in my 2017 Charger, but honestly it was still far better than any other system I've used even with the occasional lag. Uvo is... not great. It is responsive but has, in my opinion, a convoluted menu structure and confusing layout.

I have had Uconnect in my past three vehicles and I'm not sure I could be convinced to buy a vehicle without it.
The sooner they get more shape and sizes the better because squares are not good for designing an interior

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
Did you guys catch the easter egg of the different years of ram trucks in the center console, like the architecture tools one. And supposedly there is a cd player. I didn't notice it though.
CD player is under the screen.
Ram-1500-2019-1600-30.jpg

·
3,245 Posts
I know you're in denial but uconnect has fallen behind. The dart uconnect has lagged multiple times, some with cherokee, same with challenger, there's plenty of videos of the trackhawks and Maserati lagging behind and taking multiple touches. Unonnect is good for being user friendly but it is not fast anymore, especially if it needs to load numerous pages like the srt performance pages
Have you sat in, and used, the current generation Uconnect?

Same question to all of the other infotainment from brands you listed above.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Have you sat in, and used, the current generation Uconnect?

Same question to all of the other infotainment from brands you listed above.
Yes i have sat in the new uconnect cars and found at times it randomly slows down and doesn't take inputs for a couple seconds depending what it loads, i have not had that issues with vw or Hyundai.

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
@mopar22 The Dart never got updated to even the third generation Uconnect as far as I'm aware. The interface is the same as the 2011-2014 Charger. It was rated best in class even after the Dart was no longer in production. The vehicles you listed are from varying years and generations of Uconnect, suggesting random problems rather than widespread issues. Remember, most people aren't going to post a video saying that their Uconnect is operating properly, they're only going to post a video when there is an issue. The number of vehicles that operate correctly far outweighs those that don't considering Uconnect still receives nearly universal praise.

Reactions: ScramFan

·
3,245 Posts
Yes i have sat in the new uconnect cars and found at times it randomly slows down and doesn't take inputs for a couple seconds depending what it loads, i have not had that issues with vw or Hyundai.
Fair enough -

I drive a 2018 Ram 1500 Sport with the 8.4" Uconnect 4C as my manager demo. The touchscreen is more responsive than my smart-phone.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
@mopar22 The Dart never got updated to even the third generation Uconnect as far as I'm aware. The interface is the same as the 2011-2014 Charger. It was rated best in class even after the Dart was no longer in production. The vehicles you listed are from varying years and generations of Uconnect, suggesting random problems rather than widespread issues. Remember, most people aren't going to post a video saying that their Uconnect is operating properly, they're only going to post a video when there is an issue. The number of vehicles that operate correctly far outweighs those that don't considering Uconnect still receives nearly universal praise.
The fca vehicles i posted about are one i have used and have seen issues with, every time i have sat in a fca vehicle(15 all teh way up to brand new on the lot) with uconnect is good other then it lagging which gets old when you're just going from one page to the next

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
"Helping to create the most spacious cab in the segment, three new, longer frame lengths are offered: a 144.5-inch wheelbase on Crew Cab short beds and a 153.5-inch wheelbase on Crew Cab long beds - both four inches longer than their predecessors. The Quad Cab long bed has a wheelbase of 140.5 inches. Ram's newest pickup offers a turning radius of just 46.2 feet, curb to curb."

They said there are three frame lengths and three listed: two crew cabs and a quad cab. They surely wouldn't discontinue the regular cab... would they?
hhmmmm... could it be as simple as the regular cab truck didn't change frame length?

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
hhmmmm... could it be as simple as the regular cab truck didn't change frame length?
Yes. The regular cab was not mentioned at all in the press release though. I really doubt they'd discontinue it.

Reactions: Devildodge
601 - 620 of 3300 Posts