Allpar Forums banner

621 - 640 of 3300 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
hhmmmm... could it be as simple as the regular cab truck didn't change frame length?
Along with the thought that they wouldn't do away with the regular cab or the longbed...they haven't been mentioned and that means there would be 5 total frames? Or did the regular cab get huge increase in space also?
And darn it I want to see a 8 foot Ram Box!!
And then they should have made a crew and quad cab longbed (8').
The truck is amazing...Only thing I can complain about are the things consumers pushed away...8' bed 1500 trucks and clutch and shifter manual transmissions...I like my trucks with 3 pedals and a stick shift.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes. The regular cab was not mentioned at all in the press release though. I really doubt they'd discontinue it.
If I’m not mistaken, single cab trucks are made in Saltillo alongside the HD’s. Could see it being a late arrival. Get all the high margin trucks moving first and keeping fleets happy with the existing platform.

·
The "Front-Line" Perspective
3,245 Posts

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Disassociated Touch-Screen Display.

The original drawings that I was originally sent showed articulating screens that pulled out from the dash and could be rotated, and locked into place. Hopefully this feature will appear down the road sometime...
Ok, that would be interesting.

·
The "Front-Line" Perspective
3,245 Posts
Insiders - can we get some insight RE: Regular Cab availability?

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
The glossy black components in the interior?
Wrong post. There was one that shows a bunch of swirls in the lower black paint. Will fix.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Oh yea that's a losing battle. They have the same things on the interior and so much as to breath on it will make it swirl
Yeah, the reason I can't have a black vehicle. Would need to put xpel and a coating on it, and even then

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
Disassociated Touch-Screen Display.

The original drawings that I was originally sent showed articulating screens that pulled out from the dash and could be rotated, and locked into place. Hopefully this feature will appear down the road sometime...
What does this do on the 8.4" screen? Noticed it on the Laramie order guide. I can't imagine using the 8.4" for a split screen...

·
Super Moderator
36,919 Posts
I guess that's the point here. If the bed is so high that you lose the utility, why have it at all? These are no longer pickups, they are pickUPs.
Aerodynamics have given us pickup beds too tall to use, SUVs and CUVs with compromised cargo room due to droopy roof, and sedans with worthless back seats. The entire industry needs to do some serious usability study, even if they lose 0.5 MPGs in the design.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know a few pages back pictures of some of the wheel options were posted. Since some of the ordering info is being posted, is there anyone who has pictures of the wheels that tie to each wheel code. In past Ram catalogs they were all pictured with the codes associated with each wheel.

621 - 640 of 3300 Posts