Allpar Forums banner

661 - 680 of 3300 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
I know FCA reads some of these post. My suggestion and I hope someone is paying attention.

OFFER a technology package to all trims except the tradesman. Have the technology package offer the 12.1 uconnect and the led projection headlights.

Alot of the fluff people dont want can be eliminated and more people will pay for the stuff they want. I know FCA will not do it but it makes sense regardless.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I know FCA reads some of these post. My suggestion and I hope someone is paying attention.

OFFER a technology package to all trims except the tradesman. Have the technology package offer the 12.1 uconnect and the led projection headlights.

Alot of the fluff people dont want can be eliminated and more people will pay for the stuff they want. I know FCA will not do it but it makes sense regardless.
Over time i'm sure they will do that. For now it's to get the most money back and that's by offering it on the highest trim for now

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
My thoughts exactly. The exterior styling and level of luxury available in the upper trims should have even the Euro Luxury auto makers worried. It seriously competes with the best of them.
Most of the people who buy the high $$, big luxury vehicles will continue to do so. For reasons that go beyond just luxury. They are not going to consider a RAM truck (or luxury Jeep) no matter how luxurious it may be. Those automakers have nothing to worry about in losing any meaningful sales. Keep in mind they have some things coming on future models that will wow as well.

However, for the rest of us, we get to enjoy luxury on a marquee level, or at least very close and in some cases, above a marquee level. Which is a very cool bonus.

I can see alot more folks swapping their X5's and Q7's for a family truckster.
Or their Discovery Sports. ;)
I will agree that buyers of certain models of marquee brands can and will be swayed.

·
The "Front-Line" Perspective
3,245 Posts
What trims will allow a carpet delete ?
ST/Tradesman only if it follows DS trim/options.

Fleet purchasers can currently carpet delete an SLT also.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Tim Horton's cups. Almost every one of my truck parked next to the sidewalk has a Timmies thrown into it.
I don’t know what’s worse, their coffee or the fact that it’s the most amount of garbage I see on the side of the roads.

When do you guys think we’ll get an idea of what the tradesman and single can looks like?

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts

From what I know, packaging usually has more to do with what dealers order for stock & what is assembled together at the plant.

My '13 Dart was one of the few cars that could be ordered item-by-item, because it was a short-lived thing with those. I still am irritated that you can't get the upgraded Sound systems without the Sunroof... bloody annoying for tall people.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
From what I know, packaging usually has more to do with what dealers order for stock & what is assembled together at the plant.

My '13 Dart was one of the few cars that could be ordered item-by-item, because it was a short-lived thing with those. I still am irritated that you can't get the upgraded Sound systems without the Sunroof... bloody annoying for tall people.
It's the same way with the 200 if i'm not mistaken from the little bit of time i looked. The dart sunroof i've only had issues with the people in the back, upfront has been fine but i also sit really low

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Very nice , hopefully they have engineered all this new stuff like 48 V powertrain so it is trouble free . I don't know do they really need to run coolant lines into the rear axle to cool it on the 2WD . They have been less than stellar in other applications in running rear coolant lines and not having them rust out a few years down the road . This is their cash cow , they can't afford to fumble on this one.

·
Not an insider !
1,376 Posts
ST/Tradesman only if it follows DS trim/options.

Fleet purchasers can currently carpet delete an SLT also.
Thx. Was inspired to ask by @randy1911 post #661 about tech pkg excluding Tradesman. Across brands, i know a lot of guy's who like a carpet delete but still like their goodies.

I for one would buy a higher optioned (more expensive) truck if i could have a front bench and carpet delete. SLT is now what ?

·
The "Front-Line" Perspective
3,245 Posts
Thx. Was inspired to ask by @randy1911 post #661 about tech pkg excluding Tradesman. Across brands, i know a lot of guy's who like a carpet delete but still like their goodies.

I for one would buy a higher optioned (more expensive) truck if i could have a front bench and carpet delete. SLT is now what ?
Not sure - there's rumbling of SLT trim being axed, with Big Horn being the "nicely equipped" cloth interior trucks.

·
Super Moderator
6,894 Posts
Not sure - there's rumbling of SLT trim being axed, with Big Horn being the "nicely equipped" cloth interior trucks.
I think SLT has been axed as of yesterday. Some other websites were talking about an HFE model but I haven’t seen any sign of it. AFAIK it’s just Tradesman, Big Horn, Rebel, Laramie, Longhorn, and Limited because Big Horn had a much higher take rate than the regular SLT.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
"Axed" is relative. I think it's more like renaming/consolidating. Like TRX4 becoming Rebel, etc.

As far as the HFE model, it's on some of the wall 'art' that was in the pre-show presentation of the Ram, where they showed the hammers 'n [bleep]. There was a 'tree' of the trims/categories of trim levels.

·
Not an insider !
1,376 Posts
Big Horn is a fine name if it allows for my option.
Likely sounds silly to you but i'd be interested in leather and carpet delete.
Many cleaning advantages to leather in a senior contractor vehicle.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Tim Horton's cups. Almost every one of my truck parked next to the sidewalk has a Timmies thrown into it.
And I bet the HEMI badges stolen too !!

A friend of mine sells new ones and its a problem !! They are closed Sundays and lots of people walk through the lot looking at the vehicles,which is good as people like to look without the pressure of sales people watching/hounding them lol,and no problems at all...But the few who steal out of hundreds,ruins it for everyone..They even have camera's and the majority of the people dont even touch the vehicles or if they do its a gentle touch to feel the metal/plastic etc..and doesnt harm anything...Then some rip every damn badge off they see ,even tail gates !!

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
And I bet the HEMI badges stolen too !!

A friend of mine sells new ones and its a problem !! They are closed Sundays and lots of people walk through the lot looking at the vehicles,which is good as people like to look without the pressure of sales people watching/hounding them lol,and no problems at all...But the few who steal out of hundreds,ruins it for everyone..They even have camera's and the majority of the people dont even touch the vehicles or if they do its a gentle touch to feel the metal/plastic etc..and doesnt harm anything...Then some rip every damn badge off they see ,even tail gates !!
It's the same at auto-shows; you wonder why if you get there later in the show that half the cars are missing something, that's why. People are .. [bleep]holes when it comes to other's stuff anymore. Nobody respects anything that isn't theirs.

661 - 680 of 3300 Posts