Allpar Forums banner

Ram Trucks Made An Inductive Charging Robot For The Upcoming Revolution Truck

1929 Views 22 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  WXman
From the article:

Ram Trucks might become the first car manufacturer to offer a widely-available factory original wireless charger for electric vehicles in the United States, beating Tesla’s snake charger and other Chinese companies' efforts.

During last week’s Ram 1500 Revolution concept reveal, the American carmaker offered a glimpse of its upcoming inductive charging robot named Ram Charger, which has nothing to do with the old Dodge Ramcharger truck.

Full article here:

Ram Trucks Made An Inductive Charging Robot For The Upcoming Revolution Truck (insideevs.com)
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think many missed the new Ram Charger in the presentation.

Another article says that many owners of PHEVs are not plugging in their vehicles and driving them as pure ICE vehicles (because the tax credit allows them to get a nicer vehicle for less than an ICE or Hybrid).

Many People Aren't Plugging In Their PHEVs, According To Study (insideevs.com)

This is a great idea. Park your vehicle, the robot comes out underneath and charges overnight.

Reactions: tlc

· Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
25,616 Posts
Is it really that hard to just plug it in? It takes like 30 seconds. This feels like a solution in search of a problem.
Apparently it is a real problem. Like plugging in mobile phones ;)

· Registered
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many people have had partners that never filled the tank?

They would come home and tell you that the tank is near empty.

· Jeepaholic
7,153 Posts
How well will it work when the underside of the vehicle is coated with a healthy layer of road grime?

Annnnnnnnnnd, Skynet will be able to take us out with these robot terminators,,,I mean chargers. “Honey, can you go out to the garage to get the paint?” (From behind you, “Hasta la vista, baby!” ZAP!!!). Yes, I’m absolutely sure this will happen. No, my chin strap for my tinfoil hat isn’t too tight.

· Super Moderator
7,182 Posts
How many people have had partners that never filled the tank?

They would come home and tell you that the tank is near empty.
Some people also don’t shower. Doesn’t make a robot that follows you around and cleans you automatically a worthwhile investment. Can’t (and shouldn’t) solve every problem created by laziness.

· Registered
5,982 Posts
Some people also don’t shower. Doesn’t make a robot that follows you around and cleans you automatically a worthwhile investment. Can’t (and shouldn’t) solve every problem created by laziness.
You would if the investment is relatively minor compared the investment made to sell a highly profitable product.

· Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
3,275 Posts
A robot can and has replaced workers that are not willing to be available, one-time or to do the actual work needed. Others do the job more efficiently. Golden arches now have a robot operated store but I have a feeling that there are humans feeding the machines.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts