Allpar Forums banner

Ram Trucks Made An Inductive Charging Robot For The Upcoming Revolution Truck

1852 Views 22 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  WXman
From the article:

Ram Trucks might become the first car manufacturer to offer a widely-available factory original wireless charger for electric vehicles in the United States, beating Tesla’s snake charger and other Chinese companies' efforts.

During last week’s Ram 1500 Revolution concept reveal, the American carmaker offered a glimpse of its upcoming inductive charging robot named Ram Charger, which has nothing to do with the old Dodge Ramcharger truck.

Full article here:

Ram Trucks Made An Inductive Charging Robot For The Upcoming Revolution Truck (insideevs.com)
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2011 Challenger R/T Classic
1,204 Posts
To me the Ram REV reveal was a total disaster. Look up the term "smoke and mirrors".

They gave us Z E R O specs on this truck. Payload? Towing? Range? Price? 4x4 systems? Cab configurations? GVWR? You know, stuff that guys buying trucks kind of need to know. And we got crickets. Instead, they talked about features that will never see the light of day. A robot that looks like a vacuum cleaner that will drive itself under the truck? Yeah, I can’t see anything which could go wrong there. Poor connections, people running over them by accident, ice and snow falling onto them ruining them over time, yeah shouldn’t be an issue at all. And what about “Shadow Mode”? Are you kidding me? The company who puts "AutoPark" on trucks and Jeeps, the most maddening feature I’ve ever encountered in my life, where the vehicle will not move unless you close the door fully and put on your seatbelt is now going to give us a feature where you can walk in front of the truck? Are they kidding? Get outta’ here…. It's almost comical.

Every day that goes by I’m quickly losing faith in the Ram, Dodge, and Jeep brands. It truly is sad. I said I'd never buy GM products ever again, but it's like I'm being given no choice.

· Registered
2011 Challenger R/T Classic
1,204 Posts
Everyone knows that. GM has been showing the same for over a year with payload, towing, range, and pricing specs attached.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts