Allpar Forums banner

Ram twin turbo v6

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Shane Estabrooks 
#1 ·
Ram trucks are by far are the most appealing, best looking trucks bar far, but I don’t understand why Ram would not go straight for Ford's jugular and equip the Ram with a twin turbo v6?

I am a Mopar guy, but it is time that Dodge/Chrysler/Ram start leading the pack and stops playing catch up all the time!

The potential is so there right now, but why wait another two + years to get where ford is now; just to have ford come out with something better.

Consumers want the latest and greatest, and don’t want to invest in something that is outdated and not as good as their neighbors.

If you build it they will come...the Ecoboost is a huge success right now and proven to sell. The bottom line is that until Dodge/Chrysler/Ram need to think as a company that wants to outshine its competitors, and not just stay afloat!

Invest the time and money and efforts in economy and performance, not graphic packages...

The pentastar is a great engine, imagine a 2013 Ram with a twin turbo....enough said! (good bye ford)

Its the time to make that statement true again....Mopar or no car!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Chrysler will be there, there going about different paths to get the milage, power and emissions by reducing weight, improving aerodynamics as well as improving electrical system efficiency and especially with transmission technology. They have stuff coming up for the V6s, don't worry about that, but don't expect turbos quite yet. ;)

And they are spending a lot of time and money in terms of R&D between both them and Fiat, their owners. The second generation of MultiAir is now out (although is not yet in production), which will probably be barely noticeable increase in efficiency over the first generation (if any at all), and they were supposed to add DI capability into the design for the second generation, but we don't really know if that made it into the final version or not yet. But it's still an advancement. Don't doubt Chrysler and Fiat, they are getting there, and they have things like the multibillion dollar loans to pay into as well (Ford has loans too). They have very competitive power, reliability and product refinement of their competators, and they still have a lot of room to improve their products, I wouldn't be worried at all about Chrysler, the future only looks better from where I'm standing (assuming that the economy plays along...which it may not do so).

#3 ·
Did it ever occur to you the reason for not having a twin turbo V6 in a truck? A turbo diesel is different than a turbo gas engine, to which I would rather have the twin turbo diesel V6 over the gas version (in a truck), because I want torque, not horsepower in a truck.

Reactions: Shane Estabrooks
#4 ·
Did it ever occur to you the reason for not having a twin turbo V6 in a truck? A turbo diesel is different than a turbo gas engine, to which I would rather have the twin turbo diesel V6 over the gas version (in a truck), because I want torque, not horsepower in a truck.
This as well, and it looks like the VM is going into the truck as well, I forgot about that.

#6 ·
Like said before it's all in the power curve.. Let's not talk about how much an engine makes at peak power, let's talk about what power is useful during the full power range. So with that said that makes the Ford turbo gas engines useless and why I would take a 3.6 Chrysler any day. The question I would ponder is ... if we add a turbo or two to the 3.6 will it lose it's power where needed... The point I'm trying make was touched on by posts above. but if you talk to a Ford owner and ask how the truck is doing.. they say good ... then ask how they do while towing... it sucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.