Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on a 1989 ram charger and have had countless problems finding parts such as wheel bearings and wheel cylinders I was wondering if anyone could help. The wheel bearings came from a 1 ton dodge and the truck is listed as a ram charger custom s.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Both the 4x4 and 2 wheel drive take the same wheel cylinders and wheel bearings. The Duralast bearing # for the front is D15101 and run $7.99 each at my local store. The Timken bearing is # LM104949 and is $10.99. The race I guess is sold separately, although they used to come with the new bearing. Duralast # is D15245 and is $3.99. Timken race # is JLM104910 and is $6.69. Rear wheel cylinder for both part# 33597 and run $10.49 each. I didn't bother to price seals for the wheel bearings, although you'd need to replace them too. These are for outer wheel bearings that I looked at. You didn't state which bearings for front or rear and whether or not you have 2WD or 4WD and whether you're running a 318 or 360. You can go to Autozones website and find all of this information for yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front wheel bearings I had to order for a dodge 1 ton truck but the calipers and shocks were right for the front and when I ordered brake shoes for the rear they also were the correct size but the wheel cylinder I took off has the long push rods and deeper pistons than the new one but the outside is a perfect match it is the just the pistons I am going to the parts store today to see if I can match up the pistons because the 1 ton wheel cylinders are not right either. I'm not sure if the was done after market or direct from the factory as a part of the custom package but everything looks like it is original.

It has the 360 and is 4 wheel drive

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank God for knowledgeable parts professionals that are willing to help you and kindly look over temporary lack of intelligence and suggest that you disconnect your brake line to relieve the pressure so that your pistons inside your wheel cylinder will come together like they are supposed to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts