Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Got parts?
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't see a specific place for Ramchargers, so I'll post here. Saw this in a nearby parking lot about 2 hours ago. Don't know the exact year, but the grille was used from '86 to '90 model years. I like the paint scheme, which is similar to the '84 D100 I used to own. This is in Michigan, which makes the rust-free body that much more impressive.

Ramcharger 1.JPG
Ramcharger 2.JPG
Ramcharger 3.JPG
Ramcharger 4.JPG

·
Got parts?
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apologies for the lighting in the top two pics, this was into the sun, which is never a good camera angle. This is a 150 model; I don't know if Ramchargers were also a D series, like the pick-up trucks, or if they had another designation. Note the roof vent. Was this a standard feature on the Ramcharger? One was in a '75 Tradesman B200 I owned long ago, but that was part of the customization.

Ramcharger 5.JPG
Ramcharger 6.JPG
Ramcharger 7.JPG
Ramcharger 8.JPG
Ramcharger 9.JPG

·
Registered
997 Posts
Nice Ramcharger.. Nice Pics .. Thank-you.. Have always like them but will never own one cause of truck use.. but maybe if $$$ come my way I would.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
D means 2wd and W means 4wd.

Ramcharger came in both a D and W

The vent is stock from 1981 to 1993.

Man i sure do miss mine.

I had bought a cargo box that extended. It was the width of the truck and was as deep as the bottom of the window. With the seat in the seating position it filled the cargo area. With the seat folded up it extended out to the seat.

I used that many times to haul rocks, dirt, and sand. It was awesome.

Did I mention I really miss mine.

·
Got parts?
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These used to be fairly common. When gas prices were high about 10 to 15 years ago, plenty of them were for sale cheap, as they weren't very economical. But I bet they were enjoyable to drive.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
My family owned a total of five Ramchargers. All purchased new, an 80,82,84,87,88. My favorite was my 1984. It was a Royal SE with Prospector package 3. 360 4bbl two tone blue with every option. The next to the last year they were made in the US.

·
Got parts?
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy who owned and ran Texas Acres in Harker Heights owned a 100, I think a 1988 model. He said that it was cheaper than the 150, even after he ordered the options that were standard features on the 150.

·
Registered
275 Posts
That's a really nice one. I wonder what one that clean would go for price wise?

·
Got parts?
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One for sale near me but price seems a bit steep and needs a lot of work.
A lot of work means it was probably driven off-road quite a bit. If it also has rust, it's best to avoid it.

I wonder what one that clean would go for price wise?
Here's what Nada says:

1987 Dodge Ramcharger 2 Door Utility 4WD Prices, Values & Ramcharger 2 Door Utility 4WD Price Specs (at https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1987/Dodge/Ramcharger/2-Door-Utility-4WD/Values )

I've seen online postings anywhere from $2,000 to almost $20,000. The higher end seems ridiculous; nice enough ones can be bought for $5,000 or less.

·
Registered
231 Posts
A lot of work means it was probably driven off-road quite a bit. If it also has rust, it's best to avoid it.
I wouldn't think about it. That's before seeing the asking price too. People appear to be watching too much B. Jackson auctions again with covid.

Guys around here are asking well over $5000 for late model d150s that need pretty well everything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts