Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What parts would you deem some of the more rare and hard to come by for our A Body cars?

I know Small Bolt Pattern wheels are not the easiest to come by, as are Manual Steering Boxes(flaming river too expensive) - these are just two that i've had some issues with in the past.

But what are your opinions on the subject? if you want, include other mopar bodies as well.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What parts would you deem some of the more rare and hard to come by for our A Body cars?

I know Small Bolt Pattern wheels are not the easiest to come by, as are Manual Steering Boxes(flaming river too expensive) - these are just two that i've had some issues with in the past.

But what are your opinions on the subject? if you want, include other mopar bodies as well.
A bypass hose is one of the things I have been having problems getting...every place I have tried sends me the wrong one!!

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Bypass hose is available from Year One and the dealer. 8.75" rear axle parts are getting very hard to come by for A-bodies.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The most difficult thing to find when I built my Road Toad V8 conversion was the 8-3/4" differential and narrow axle from an "A" body V8 car. Also, I had to settle for a cast-iron case 727 in order to get one that worked with pushbuttons. I'm not sure, but I don't think Chrysler made any aluminum case 727s when they were still using pushbuttons, did they?

Oh, yeah, I had to order the window rubbers for the Toad from Australia. Nobody is making them for the early series Valiants here in the U.S.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A bypass hose is one of the things I have been having problems getting...every place I have tried sends me the wrong one!!
I ordered a bypass hose from Year One and they said they don't have any on hand but are expecting to get some in a couple of weeks...can't wait that long because I'm preregistered for shows before then....and antsy to be able to get some kind of enjoyment out of my car this summer. I've been trying to get the car back on the road since 2000 after getting hit by a drunk at a red light.

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
The most difficult thing to find when I built my Road Toad V8 conversion was the 8-3/4" differential and narrow axle from an "A" body V8 car. Also, I had to settle for a cast-iron case 727 in order to get one that worked with pushbuttons. I'm not sure, but I don't think Chrysler made any aluminum case 727s when they were still using pushbuttons, did they?
The 1962-64/65 TorqueFlites were cable actuated and aluminum as well. In fact: the 1964 Dart/Valiant 273 V8 cars did have pushbutton controlled 904 T/F's.

Oh, yeah, I had to order the window rubbers for the Toad from Australia. Nobody is making them for the early series Valiants here in the U.S.
The Aussies certainly have a 'thang' for Road Toads---------especially the S Series which were like our 1962 Valiants but RHD, 14" wheels and amber rear turn signals living where the backup lights are on ours.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I ordered a bypass hose from Year One and they said they don't have any on hand but are expecting to get some in a couple of weeks...can't wait that long because I'm preregistered for shows before then....and antsy to be able to get some kind of enjoyment out of my car this summer. I've been trying to get the car back on the road since 2000 after getting hit by a drunk at a red light.
Why not get one from Autozone, or O'reilly, or Advance? I know it's not concours correct, or anything, but for $4.99 it beats sitting at home.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
IS the bypass hose your referring to, the almost S shaped hose between the Water Pump and Manifold of an LA V8?

I can walk into any auto parts shop here and get one off the shelf..........

Ive got a feeling the 67-69 Barracuda front screen is the same as the 67-69 Dart screen, is that true?
If so Im pretty sure I can get a new repo front screen rubber for you here too. I got one for my Dart 10 years ago, sure they would still have them.

As far as the A body 8 3/4s go, just do like we do, shorten a C body diff and axles, that way you get the large bolt pattern, big brakes, and stronger C body axles, a win/win.

Seems like the A bods have been left out in the US.

If it Aint an E Body no-one cares.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been sitting here at my computer for hours looking for front bearing hubs for my '66. I did finally get a bypass hose off eBay. The boneheads around here kept ordering the wrong bypass hose...in this area, if it isn't John Deere, they have no clue.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The trunk weathstripping for a 1975 Plymouth Duster is extremely difficult to find if not impossible.

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
How about the exhaust manifolds for the 440 A bodies built by Spalding?

·
Super Moderator
13,926 Posts
OK: how about factory RHD V8 specific pieces for an Australian narrow body Valiant? Their AP6 (similar to our 1965 A bodies) had a 273 V8 option.

·
Registered
229 Posts
SBP used wheel are easy to come by in the states..but not in my neck of the woods in Canada..

Have been trying to find 15 inch rallye sbp / lbp anywhere near me w/o much luck..

Ian.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a hard time finding the Oil Dipstick Tube for my 1962 Slant 6 Valiant.
I'm also looking for the rear wing window rubber

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rubber for the rear quarter windows for a 1964 Valiant 200 Wagon...

cudabob said:
Front and rear windshield trim is virtually impossible to find - and I need both for my '67 .
Check Steele Rubber.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts