Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody sell these any more? I found some on ebay. while starting to change my rear brakes and drums, I noticed gouges in the rear axle. and the Outer wheel bearing is damaged. Am I Effed? Are these axles hard to take off and put back on? any tips? should I check a junk yard first? I found some on ebay for like 25 bucks used plus 12 bucks shipping. I guess I should buy one for each side just in case.

I was getting this grinding noise every half turn of the rear wheel on both sides. I usually notice it when Im driving slow and using the brakes. I thought it was the Brakes/Drums. Could the brakes and drums also be making that noise? thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok made a trip to the ol' junkyard. I bought 2 axle stubs just in case, and 2 rear Hubs too. spent almost a hundred bux. I took all the wheel bearings too. they seemed to be in good shape. the hubs and axles I pulled were nice and smooth. well I have not got to the passanger rear side yet, but I suspect the hub may have some Pits. at the junk yard they had a few dodge spirits and a bunch of new yorker style cars.

·
Part Connoisseur
2,431 Posts
The rear axle stub may still be available from the dealer, but any non L body car from 84-95 will interchange with yours.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear axle stub may still be available from the dealer, but any non L body car from 84-95 will interchange with yours.
Yeah learned that the hard way. I took some off a new yorker and they looked the same, but bolt holes were off. Got 2 off of ebay instead pretty cheap. The hubs i took off are the same though. So that's good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts