Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the time has come on my inlaws van, rear brakes are toast and need replacement. What are some recommendations in regards to good rotors and pads? I have used Reybestos and seemed to be of good quality.

However I wanted to see what exprience others have had.

The van has 24k miles as of right now, rear pads are 5-10% front is about 60-70% so I should be ok for some time on the front.

·
Super Moderator
21,357 Posts
I like the ceramic pads-less dust, quiet and good wear. The premium store brand should do and is probably supplied by a brand-name company anyway.
I no longer like Autozone quality and have been pleased with Advance Auto (Wearever Gold). Whatever reputable auto parts store chain that is in your area.
I generally use regular generic 'white box' rotors with good results.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:

I ran out fo time to do the job myself, sent it to a good shop, the cost was $408.00 for the reolacement pads and Rotors, Labor. I thik they used Waggner?? Anyhow they used the best parts, he could get, HD rotors($99 each) and ceramic pads($39) was a bit pricey, but hey that is the cost of convenience.

The van stops better then new! very happy with it so far. Van is right at 26k miles.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
I've used Wagner's pads with no issues. Haven't found good rotors at Advance, NAPA or Autozone yet. Both my Ram and Journey have been serviced at the local Firestone for front brakes - so good so far. The Ram's rear brakes were serviced at the dealer at 90K, and they are making noise again at 184K. They used the Valueline pads and while some here say they don't last, these have done well. Hopefully the rear rotors won't need replacing on the Ram - they were rather pricey the last time - about $126 each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts