Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,185 Posts
Chopper, shop around. The list price stevenspeaking quoted is the MSRP. I've already found two other source listing them for lower - $342 and $355, but both are US sources.

The shock absorber you need is commonly known as the Nivomats (self-leveling shocks) and are very pricey. Unfortunately, you cannot substitute a normal shock.

I'm assuming they cannot be shipped out of the country as I ordered a pair ($200/shock at the time) and they were shipped to my home in VA from GA. But that was several years ago back around 2005-2006. At the time the list price was $419 each at the dealer. I managed to get them for half that plus shipping.

Good luck!

·
Virginia Gentleman
16,185 Posts
I hear ya on the bouncing. When the Nivomats went bad on my previous minivan (2000 T&C Ltd), it bounced all over the place. Once shock had lost all of it's oil and the other was leaking. Once I had the new ones installed the ride was superb. Yes, they are expensive, but the Nivomats work well. Even when we loaded up our van you couldn't tell it was heavily loaded from the outside after we had driven a few miles down the road.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.