Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, the title of this post ought to get some concerned replies, and I would agree. Please understand the context is a couple diesel pickups' ECM's ('98.5 and a 6.7 in an '08) I would like to try reflashing for improved MPG, shift points, less shifting under load at times, ect. Just looking for a bit more power, nothing radical, no mods, not interested in pouring black smoke on the bow-tie or anything like that. But it would have to be a multi-vehicle scan-tool-type of device able to be used on more than 1 rig.
What would really be good, would be some kinda laptop-based deal with all the cables needed and really get into the code and tweak it how you want it. (of course at your own risk, I know, I know- CARB and all the rest.......)
And If y'all know of a good website and/or forum for this kinda tuning, please post what you know of. Sure appreciate this site, and figured if anyone knew, y'all would!
Thanks much. ;)

1 - 1 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.