Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a favorite brand that seems reliable. With so much junk out there I just don't know and while my van has over 150K on the original it's well over $100 to go OEM even at discount.

AC Delco, Cardone Select, Gates, Bosch or other.

Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought one for my 99 Voyager - it was not the highest price one the store had it stock. It was a nightmare to install because the O-ring would not stay in its channel. I took it back and they showed me the one they said was OEM. It was obviously a higher quality casting and the ring fit very well. They credited me for the one I returned and I paid maybe $10-15 more to get the better one. It went on in a (relative) snap.

I don't remember the brands and countries of origin. Bottom line: there may be more design in stock that is spec'd for your vehicle. I would suggest looking at them all before buying one. Support your local parts place and they might very well support you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Generally reman waterpumps have less then stellar performance. Oreilly autoparts seels brand new Murray pumps that are very good. I've heard next to zero problems with them

·
Registered
862 Posts
It's hard to say which is best as you'll only get anecdotal information from anyone (including myself) who isn't a cooling system engineer at an OEM or aftermarket supplier. I would avoid water pumps that are obviously Chinese in origin, that is, water pumps that are made in China but aren't associated with well-known American or Japanese companies. I've used GMB for years without a problem. They're a Japanese company that supplies both OEM and aftermarket. Last one I bought on eBay for my 2002 T&C minivan was only $24 and has held up well. Oh, and stay away from remans. The price difference isn't worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts