Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Defender of Reality
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just popped up on AutoNews...

BREAKING NEWS
Reid Bigland, FCA's head of U.S. sales, files whistleblower lawsuit against company over sales reporting practices

·
Defender of Reality
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Defender of Reality
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
10,407 Posts
Yeah. Weird timing for sure.

@AlexB posted that FCA withdrew its merger offer to Renault.

Reactions: HotCarNut

·
Jeepaholic
5,579 Posts
Knowing what I know goes on behind the scenes at large corporations (from personal experience), it should come as no surprise that FCA has been involved in some shady practices. Lol

·
Not an insider !
1,376 Posts
I believe we all thought the Bigland thing was suspect.
Of course he was the scape goat. Did it go down that way by design is the question. I always believed it was.

Hard to seriously believe the focus is on increasing margins when fudging numbers involves so much.

·
Registered
888 Posts
What the hell is going on?!?!?!
Merger on.
Merger off.
I go to check Allpar for the merger off news and I see Reid Bigland embroiled in a whistleblower lawsuit?
Get it together guys!

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
So is Bigland going to walk or be shown the door? Suing your current employer makes for an awkward work day.

·
Super Moderator
36,950 Posts
So is Bigland going to walk or be shown the door? Suing your current employer makes for an awkward work day.
You don't make hostile work conditions for a whistleblower or fire them. If you do, that opens the company up to additional lawsuits. Right now it looks like this is entirely over compensation.

·
Super Moderator
36,950 Posts
Hard for either side to show up smiling to work with everyone knowing that this is going on.
For sure - I think the "best" resolution (sadly) will be a financial settlement where they mutually agree to part ways.

·
Jeepaholic
5,579 Posts
For sure - I think the "best" resolution (sadly) will be a financial settlement where they mutually agree to part ways.
We’ve done that on more than one occasion. It’s usually cheaper to pay someone to go away than to fight with them in court, and there’s usually money put aside for just that reason. Yet another reason why I’m very happy I walked away from management.....

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Bigland wants $1.8 million. Give him $1.2 and a new Caravan as a parting gift. Mark that sale appropriately.

·
10,407 Posts
Bigland wants $1.8 million. Give him $1.2 and a new Caravan as a parting gift. Mark that sale appropriately.
Wow. A $600,000 Caravan! Is it signed by Lido?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts