Allpar Forums banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Elkann is a playboy? Yes if his name is Lapo in which case we are not talking about FCA's Chairman.

Bigland has just inherited a reporting system which was used by ex Chrysler for the last 30 years.
Yes, but the issue is that the existing system was manipulated by deciding WHEN to deliver vehicle on fleet orders to smooth the sales and make sure that the "streak" continued and the streak influenced investor sentiment hence the probe. Was Bigland the one doing the smoothing? I suspect he was and I suspect that his superiors didn't know about it for a long time. He was receiving accolades, promotions and pay for his ability to drive sales. His best defense here is to try to garner legal protection and cop a plea as a cooperating witness. At least, it certainly feels like looking for immunity to me. Further, FCA is not well served by it's actions to withhold pay unless there was discovered actual wrong doing on the part of Reid.

·
10,407 Posts
Bigland wasn’t the only one who would have benefited from showing non-stop sales growth well after sales had stopped growing. Marchionne was beating the drums of non-stop sales growth and happy to keep grabbing “positive” headlines; investors benefited from inflated stock values; various executives got their big fat bonuses paid for attaining sales goals that weren’t there, etc.

If you want to find someone with enough motive just spin a bottle. I’m sure that’s why the Feds got involved.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts