Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! My Challenger got a little too close to a bush and now there are some scratches between the roof and my door. I panicked, did some research and found out it's only scratches on the clear coat layer and the clear coat tends to scratch very easily. I found a bunch of solutions online to get rid of them but I figure I'd get the best answer here since people here are much more intimately familiar with Chrysler paint jobs. What is the best way of getting clear coat scratches out?

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I just used the Turtle wax clear coat repair kit. I was pleasantly surprised. Not perfect, but visually 'better'. Still can buff/polish it out more and improve it. Just have not had the time yet.
Can't vouch for any other product.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Turtle Wax products are, in general, considered to be low-end, compared to the products used at the professional refinishing level.

Something like 3M Perfect it 3000 polishing compound, followed by a protective wax should do well. If the scratches are deep enough, some light wetsanding with extremely fine sandpaper, 3000 grit, for example may be necessary. This would then be followed by the polishing compound, then wax.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts