Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Some minor changes, but overall, the average person will not be able to tell the difference between this and the first models that came out.

But us being Mopar fans, we can see the difference. I do like the headlight changes and while I personally like the shape of the vehicle.... it is really time for a new generation of this thing. It isn't selling like they'd hoped and it's behind the competition in terms of things that people actually want now days, tech, safety, etc.

The Renegade say 15k drop in sales from 2020 to 2021. Overall, sales peaked in 2016 with 106k. We're now at 47k and it has been dropping every year since 2016. Time for a complete overhaul and new generation of the Renegade.

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,597 Posts
Some minor changes, but overall, the average person will not be able to tell the difference between this and the first models that came out.

But us being Mopar fans, we can see the difference. I do like the headlight changes and while I personally like the shape of the vehicle.... it is really time for a new generation of this thing. It isn't selling like they'd hoped and it's behind the competition in terms of things that people actually want now days, tech, safety, etc.

The Renegade say 15k drop in sales from 2020 to 2021. Overall, sales peaked in 2016 with 106k. We're now at 47k and it has been dropping every year since 2016. Time for a complete overhaul and new generation of the Renegade.
I didn't care much for the renegade when it first came out because of the front end. This minor facelift makes it at least 2x better to me.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I didn't care much for the renegade when it first came out because of the front end. This minor facelift makes it at least 2x better to me.
I do think this front end is nicer for sure. The rear, they actually softened it up a little bit which kind of surprises me. If you covered the Jeep badge and only showed the rear... it looks more Fiat with the rounded back.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I do think this front end is nicer for sure. The rear, they actually softened it up a little bit which kind of surprises me. If you covered the Jeep badge and only showed the rear... it looks more Fiat with the rounded back.
They haven't really changed much of the actual Sheetmetal except maybe the front fenders to accommodate the Front Facia which is narrower and canted backwards just a little bit and they've also removed the Trailhawks tow hooks, not sure if this has to do with pedestrian crash protection for Euro NCAP and Latin NCAP markets. Now the lower Rear Facia is nice but I don't like the tailgate with the handle exposed I like the 2015-18 design better the taillights I am kind of on the fence. I do like that the 8.4 is now available Uconnect 5 and the digital dash is nice as well. Hopefully the US Market gets some more upgrades in the interior department. We love our 2018 Model and it has been issue free for 35000 miles. Hope they have fixed the drivability issues with the 1.3l as it was kind of like driving a rubberband besides that a solid update.

·
Banned
3,135 Posts
I wonder if the 2.4 will finally be replaced here in the states?
I am more concerned why they haven't offered the 1.3T in the Compass than whether they drop the base engine in the Renegade. They just need to make the 1.3T a standalone option for any trim. Where is this 1.5T we have heard about? Why do they keep spending on Brazil when the US is their profit center?

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,489 Posts
I am more concerned why they haven't offered the 1.3T in the Compass than whether they drop the base engine in the Renegade. They just need to make the 1.3T a standalone option for any trim. Where is this 1.5T we have heard about? Why do they keep spending on Brazil when the US is their profit center?
Yeah their priorities are really odd. The one thing no one ever answers is, if it's the crack management team here that says, let's keep the 2.4 around because we don't want to spend much on the lower Fiat based Jeeps, or something else.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.