Allpar Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I do think this front end is nicer for sure. The rear, they actually softened it up a little bit which kind of surprises me. If you covered the Jeep badge and only showed the rear... it looks more Fiat with the rounded back.
They haven't really changed much of the actual Sheetmetal except maybe the front fenders to accommodate the Front Facia which is narrower and canted backwards just a little bit and they've also removed the Trailhawks tow hooks, not sure if this has to do with pedestrian crash protection for Euro NCAP and Latin NCAP markets. Now the lower Rear Facia is nice but I don't like the tailgate with the handle exposed I like the 2015-18 design better the taillights I am kind of on the fence. I do like that the 8.4 is now available Uconnect 5 and the digital dash is nice as well. Hopefully the US Market gets some more upgrades in the interior department. We love our 2018 Model and it has been issue free for 35000 miles. Hope they have fixed the drivability issues with the 1.3l as it was kind of like driving a rubberband besides that a solid update.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had two open tabs, and kept flipping between the two. There aren’t huge differences, but that’s nothing that replacing the vehicle with a new model couldn’t fix. Lol. Isn’t it due for a replacement, it feels like it’s been around forever, and not in a good way?

I must admit I‘ve never been a fan of Renegade, it’s my least favorite Jeep, the styling is cartoonish IMO. No offense to anyone here who owns one, or just purchased one (as I now take my foot out of my mouth).
None taken !

·
Registered
348 Posts
As TJs and XJs disappear they are being replaced by 4 door Wranglers in the east and south. As a person who recently bought a new Jeep GCL, I'm still trying to figure out how these folks afford all the tires, suspension upgrades etc on 50k plus, new Wranglers.
Psst. It's called the American Way in debt to their eyeballs but they gotta keep up with the Joneses !

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think a small Jeep should be off road biased, I like the Renegade, Compass and Cherokee Trailhawk for what they are, although they should all get the 1.3T and 2.0T. They are just aimed at a small niche.

What I don't like is the indefensible argument that "Jeep is the SUV brand, Chrysler and Dodge don't need SUVs in their lineups." The Renegade, Compass and Cherokee are simply incapable of filling Stellantis need for a mainstream subcompact and compact SUV, that should be filled by Chrysler and Dodge, the mainstream brands.
The 2022 Jeep Renegade the only engine available is 1.3l it is standard equipment across the board or at least that is what the website is saying right now. I didn't mind the 2.4l granted they are not a speed demon by any means but it isn't pokey slow either. If you learn to adapt your driving style it is adequate. I average about 28mpg on the freeway and 23-24mpg in the city. Far from our Ram with 16 on a good day with a strong Texas Tailwind behind it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think this is more a compass replacement than renegade. Reason: it fits with the style it already has, adds a little Cherokee drl/headlight style up front, and has the hidden rear door handles from the first generation model.

The tail lights are a lot like the upcoming refresh renegade, but that's about it.. and it's too short to be a Cherokee. 🤔

What if it's smaller than the current compass?
I honestly think it is the replacement for the Renegade....They didn't really do much with the current update only a grill change and inclusion of the digital instrument panel. Plus the Renegade is a full 2 years older than the Compass and it looks like it has styling cues from both Compass and Renegade. I just hope this makes the market because it is a sharp looking little CUV

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.