Allpar Forums banner
141 - 142 of 142 Posts

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
I honestly think it is the replacement for the Renegade....They didn't really do much with the current update only a grill change and inclusion of the digital instrument panel. Plus the Renegade is a full 2 years older than the Compass and it looks like it has styling cues from both Compass and Renegade. I just hope this makes the market because it is a sharp looking little CUV
Do you think the update (if they're only for the other markets) would be a waste then, if they're just going to replace it with this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
While I agree that those numbers look bad, we have no idea to what degree they throttled production of those models to make sure they could support initial demand for the four new models that showed up last year. If you go back to 2019 those vehicles all did much better. Renegade was at 77k, Compass at 144k, and Cherokee at 191k.

Renegade has never been aimed at the US market anyway. They sell it here because they figure they might as well but US sales are no more than 1/3 of global sales in any given year. It sells better in Europe and Brazil, for example, which is the market they designed it for.
In the USVI Renegades are all over the place. Some bought new, some purchased from the rental agencies when they're through with them.
Either way, you can't hardly swing a coconut in St. Thomas without hitting a Renegade.... (although, since there are only ~105k of us across 4 main islands, we rarely count) :cool:

141 - 142 of 142 Posts