Allpar Forums banner

Replace my 2.7l with a 440

2482 22
Major question is other than difficulty level what is suggested to make work. I’ve always had help with any project but I’ve lost my building buddy. My father was the greatest teacher but even he would’ve told me this was crazy. I want to Install a 440 rv motor into my dodge magnum 2.7l factory everything. So any real suggestions would be greatly appreciate. Thank you
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
  • Love
Reactions: Curious Joe
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
262 Posts
I understand the sentimental value of keeping and using the 440. If it were me, I'd look for a decent A body from 1967-1976 with a solid body but no drivetrain and build the 440 into a 500 stroker, and using a built 727, and maybe a Strange S60 with 3.54 gears, toss them into a 3,000 lb. car. You'd have a hell of a street rocket and tire-frier! I think that'd be the best bang for your buck, plus not to mention the fun factor. Hot streetcar, car show cruiser, and occasional trips to the strip.

· Registered
26 Posts
There's a guy on Facebook that did a Magnum with a 340 V8. I believe the group is Dodge Magnum Owners. I think the car was painted green. Obviously a smaller engine than a 440, but they could probably tell you what they did to get old school Mopar to work under the hood of a Modern Maggie. I'm a former Magnum R/T owner. They are special cars. Best of luck!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.