Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recommendations on where/how to get a good replacement engine (2.5, if it matters) with a decent (longer than 1 year) warranty?

TIA!

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. Both Jasper and Mopar offer 3 year/100K mile warranties (however it may depend on who installs it for labor coverage).
Does it need a reman long block or short block? Is the engine you have rebuildable? Non-turbo?
The price should include the core return freight shipping.

·
Registered
342 Posts
younty said:
Does anyone have any recommendations on where/how to get a good replacement engine (2.5, if it matters) with a decent (longer than 1 year) warranty?

TIA!
89-92 2.5 shortblock Price: $1,699.00

Core Charge: $300.00
Part Number: FWD 93-1375
Description:
The 84-88 rebuilt shortblock is built for hp and reliability. We clean/check block add brass freeze plugs, forged Venolia pistons, cast 2.5 crank, sealed power rings, clevite 77 rod and main bearings, and int. shaft bushings. Rods are shotpeened, tops drilled and ARP rod bolts are installed. Add arp main studs for an add. charge. Core must 1989-92 2.5 common block, crank and rods. For motors over 400hp, we recommend using custom BC h-beam rods

http://www.fwdperformance.com/Store/Category.asp?IDCatalog=93&txtCatalog=Motors

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome and the responses!

Engine was apparently not rebuildable :-(

Non-turbo. How to tell about the long block/short blocks?

·
Super Moderator
21,365 Posts
It would be good to have more details than just 'not rebuildable'. That tells me nothing.
What diagnosis was done and what was determined to be the nature of the engine failure?
Overheat? Loss of oil pressure/seizure? Noise? Smoke?
Was the cylinder head damaged? A short block would come without a head, but should come with the necessary gaskets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will try to get more details. In the meantime, is there a site with info on the engine from mopar? mopar.com doesn't quite go back far enough ;-)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Marshall also offers a 3 year, 100k mile warranty. I got one from them for my LeBaron, was on sale on Rock Auto. I haven't quite gotten it in yet, but hope to have it running again by the 9th. Looks great, though they used a normal (non-turbo) block and head, and filled it with turbo parts (pistons, rods, valves are all verified to be proper turbo parts.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts