Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-guys, im getting closer to startup on my 86, and i almost cant wait after two years without a Daytona. I tryed to finish details on the engine compartment today,

I did radiator and hoses, oxygen-sensor, batteri-poles, grounding -cables, vacuum-work and so on.

So - now im looking for missed detailes i might have forgotten - espesially right side fendel wall feels like something missing. Should there be a relay? There is a few screw-holes but maybe they are just for strapping wires. Like now there is only soilinoid station, vapor-canistor,and coil and headlight-wires and
vacuum-lines.

second question :there is two thin wires - one is green -the other yellow/green - they must be to coil-right?

·
Super Moderator
31,984 Posts
I think you've got it all. If you have A/C, the drier canister goes there, too.

Will check the coil wires tomorrow when it stops raining here.

·
Super Moderator
31,984 Posts
On my 84 Daytona, I have green with white stripe to the + terminal of the coil; black with yellow stripe to the - terminal of the coil; and capacitor with black wire from + terminal to fenderwell ground (coil bracket). The wiring harness to the coil is on the inboard side of the fenderwell, in a corrugated plastic sleeve.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good - i could always search for a photo on my computer, that would take me an hour. You managed the job in two minutes, Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts