1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
40,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Rectangle Slope Font Plot Parallel

·
Banned
3,135 Posts

View attachment 85421
A bad third quarter. Hopefully we are back to normal for 2022 with 4 good quarters.

On the brand side Fiat was down an abysmal 45%. Dodge down 19% which was all about discontinuing Journey and Caravan.

·
Jeepaholic
6,927 Posts
Until they get the chip shortage resolved, sales will suffer. It’s hard to sell what you don‘t have, and the lots around here are still pretty bare.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Ford's numbers are now out, too. For the year only 110k more than Stellantis. Challenger outsold Mustang by 2k units. And GC outsold Explorer by 40k.
Makes you wonder if it had made sense to continue the Caravan and Journey for another year? Older models = fewer chips needed? Of course, depends on the actual chips and their availability.

·
Administrator
40,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, because so much is based on Ram... and the prices are high enough... and I assume they will increase in sales... and they will h ave a Dodge or Chrysler equivalent at some point. But I'm wondering how long lived they will be given CAFE and such.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yes, because so much is based on Ram... and the prices are high enough... and I assume they will increase in sales... and they will h ave a Dodge or Chrysler equivalent at some point. But I'm wondering how long lived they will be given CAFE and such.
I keep forgetting how much of the 1500 really is in it. Btw, I finally did a test sit in one a couple weeks back. It is a very, very nice vehicle on the inside, even the Wagoneer.

·
Administrator
40,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Years and years ago, I recall being in a Ram, during the Daimler decontenting times, and thinking, “This is more of a luxury car than their luxury car.”

·
Registered
879 Posts
Congratulations to Ram on beating Silverado in 2021.

With Oshawa coming online for GM as we speak. Ram will have a hard time catching Silverado in 2022. Ram is capacity restrained and appears unable to gain more capacity.

If only there was a plant running at below 30% capacity in the Midwest footprint that could be added for Ram production.

Seems like the folks in Auburn Hills are unable to find a plant like that.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
As I see it, the only way Wagoneer / Grand Wagoneer can continue into the medium / long term is by becoming 100% BEV.

I just can't see how CAFE lends itself to any other conclusion.

·
Registered
196 Posts
30K vehicles is not enough to keep WTP running. If the Classic goes away, what takes it's place besides the Durango?
Without the Classic Ram sales #'s would be way less than they are.

·
Administrator
40,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As I see it, the only way Wagoneer / Grand Wagoneer can continue into the medium / long term is by becoming 100% BEV.

I just can't see how CAFE lends itself to any other conclusion.
Hybrid would work. Or selling a bunch of BEVs. I wonder how ProMaster BEV will do; clearly Amazon is happy.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Congratulations to Ram on beating Silverado in 2021.

With Oshawa coming online for GM as we speak. Ram will have a hard time catching Silverado in 2022. Ram is capacity restrained and appears unable to gain more capacity.

If only there was a plant running at below 30% capacity in the Midwest footprint that could be added for Ram production.

Seems like the folks in Auburn Hills are unable to find a plant like that.
Or they keep making superior product, beat GM in margin, not have to worry about having excessive production capacity for light trucks, and laugh all the way to the bank.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.