Allpar Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Exactly, surveys show that better, more intelligent and more handsome drivers, drive Chrysler products, than any other brand... :lol:
I've been wondering where all these women were coming from..heheh...I always thought it was due to my geekness...but..alas.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Subaru's sell really well in the Pacific Northwest and it probably helps that most of the ones I saw had snow tires also... the driver does make a difference as I've never been stuck not even in my 1997 Chrysler Concorde which I drove in many a heavy snow storm and never once stuck... Goodyear Assurance TripleTreds make a huge difference also...

·
Registered
749 Posts
So, was the Compass FWD or AWD?

I remember a guy who had an XJ that left all three differentials locked on snow and ice then complained that it would do 180 degree or 360 degree spins at speeds over 35 mph, "for no reason."

·
Administrator
35,248 Posts
Compass has been around for long enough for some buyers to have bought replacement tires. I've known a lot of people who went with the cheapest [put brand name here] each time around. At this point, I check Tire Rack, ask around, and generally get something better than factory (aside from one set of Bridgestones that were not as good as our 300M’s original Goodyear RS-A). (RS-A was a great tire on our Neon and 300M, but horrid on our PT...)

·
Registered
681 Posts
My observation, a fresh plow row can be powered through by most any vehicle whose owner doesn't care about air dams or fascias. After some time, as suggested by OP, the row will freeze into an unpenetrable ice mass requiring climbing over, so any comparison between minivans and Jeeps is invalid here. The remarks on tires and driver ability are valid under equal circumstances.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts