Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my apologies if this topic has been covered in another thread. Mods, please merge/delete as required.

This week I tried ordering a Mopar PCM for my 2015 300S (5.7L). The dealership (Chaperral Dodge) verified my VIN and ordered what I wanted: the Mopar Scat Pack Stage 1 PCM. My car has the Mopar CAI and is getting a cat-back exhaust as well, so I was very excited to almost have a complete Stage 1 kit on my Chrysler (I know all about the pros and cons of this kit vs aftermarket upgrades and all that, but I've made my choice so we can debate the pros and cons elsewhere ;)). In any case, I can't get the PCM.

The dealership was fast and courteous, and of course gave me a full refund today, but the reason was that the PCM is on backorder; everywhere. It's virtually impossible to get, it seems. The only thing I didn't understand was this note, "PART RELEASE DATE PREVIEW FOR ORDER AUG 21,2019." (I'll ask them to clarify this as well).

So, what's the story with the Scat Pack parts from Mopar? Will I be able to order in late August and get what I'm looking for? Why is the part listed but perpetually unavailable? I've called other dealerships and they didn't even know what Mopar upgrades were available, let alone ETA or price.

The part number in question is 68420256AA

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
Temporary backorders happen. I would place the order and just wait for it. You might request a 'special handling' on the order (usually if the vehicle is down waiting for a part) to see if it arrives sooner?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
WOW!

Must be a very popular upgrade!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts