Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I poped off the little squares off the front and back bumber of my car( tow hook covers) . Like the imports you can screw in a tow hook for when you get stuck. My dealer can not find the part number for a the hook that goes in there. Does any one know the part number or have you bought one. If so where did you buy it.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,351 Posts
These may not be tow hooks, but shipping hold-down hooks for securing the vehicle during transportation. They would be removed and discarded during new vehicle prep.
These may not be safe or strong enough for pulling the vehicle and I wouldn't attempt it unless you could prove that this is what they were there for. One good yank and the vehicle could be badly damaged.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot about this post. Dealer did sell me a tow hook that is a Dodge part the screws right into there for towing ones car out of the ditch or what ever.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Got a part number? It might be handy for others...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm out of town right now,but will check if I left it in the packaging when I get back. They just ordered one off another car and it fit. I believe it was off a 300 but not sure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tow hooks can save you from burning out your $3000 transmission if you get stuck. I got stuck in the yard a few months ago. I had moved the Buick Rendezvous over to the left too much (to let my wife park side by side). There was NOTHING to attach a tow strap to in the front. My neighbor's 4x4 Silverado was ready to drag me out. I literally had to jack it up and put boards under the front tire.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Part number 68159287AA fits. I got it this from the dodge dart forum I was on. My part number was different but I'm still away from home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts