Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1982 Lebaron.

Drove my convertible in a 4th of July parade today. Noticed the seatbelt light in the gauge cluster stayed on even though both passengers were buckled in.

What triggers/switches this warning light? Fully pulled out both front seatbelts and then retracted and light stays still on.

Audio equipment Gauge Technology Automotive design Auto part

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
. . . .1982 Lebaron.
Drove my convertible in a 4th of July parade today. Noticed the seatbelt light in the gauge cluster stayed on even though both passengers were buckled in. What triggers/switches this warning light? Fully pulled out both front seatbelts and then retracted and light stays still on. . . .
The seat belt switch is located in the buckle assembly. When the belt tongue is inserted into the buckle latch, that should cause the switch to open the circuit to ground and the seat belt warning light should extinguish. I believe the system only senses driver side seat belt and not the passenger side seat belt. See attached image. Image is for 1984 LeBaron but should be the same system control as 1982 models.

Rectangle Handwriting Font Material property Parallel

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,231 Posts
I've fished coins, staples, etc out of the buckle receiver. There is a microswitch in there. Perhaps the tang is bent?
It is not recommended to disassemble the buckle. The Mopar part # varied by color.

Reactions: AllanC

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sprayed some electrical cleaner in the buckle, no luck. Looks like the tang is still there, the switch itself must be bad.

Went to the "pull a part" today knowing they had an '84 Mark Cross Lebaron convertible and has the same color interior. Score! I thought as the belts were still there. Got home and started to switch the driver's side out, different electrical connectors between the '82 and '84. Oh well, I now have a set for my '84 woody convertible. Pulled the top cylinders and pump while I was there also.

The Mopar part # varied by color.
Do you happen to have the part number for an '82? Brown interior.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,231 Posts
Need to know a seat belt label number.
The same belt would be used in an Aries, Reliant & 400.
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Slope

Reactions: iowa-k
1 - 6 of 6 Posts