Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to find a power seat switch with the memory function could I just plug that into my 92 Dodge Dynasty and have it work or is there some other parts that would be required to make that work? I was thinking about this today and was wondering if it would work.

·
Super Moderator
36,921 Posts
No, besides the switch there is a memory module required. It's been years but I think the memory module is under the seat. There are a lot of wires involved that won't be on your car.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
And there should also be position sensors in each of the seat adjusting motors/linkages, so you would probably need the whole seat assembly.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
Yep, the seat will have to be swapped. You will need the door switch too. In 1992, the system also had side mirror memory - not sure the mirrors are required for basic operation, but if you want the whole system you need the mirrors too.

A lot of wiring will be involved.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I was thinking. I am just going to leave it as it is and not bother with a memory function. Too much work for something I really don't need. Thanks for letting me know before I just started buying parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts