Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,303 Posts
Well the new engine has a blown head gasket straight from the factory. So not sure what I am going to do now. It's under warranty but the time and weekends spent make me question if I should abandon this project. Maybe I just got a bad one but it is not feeling good right now. At least I got to complete it and drive it.
Ouch! That sucks.

·
Super Moderator
40,303 Posts
If this car had a manual transmission it would be perfect! And yes this engine revs very high and very smooth I am really enjoying it.
For a few of years around 2004 or so, Chrysler offered the 2.7 with a five speed manual transmission in the Chrysler Sebring GTC convertible. There was also a 2.7 5 speed offered in the Stratus sedan, maybe the R/T, around the same time.
After that the Sebring/200 and Stratus/Avenger made do with the 4 speed auto then finally the six speed auto.
I think the 2.7 5 speed is a pretty rare combo.

·
Super Moderator
40,303 Posts
Hi there. I own the same car and may need a replacement or rebuilt 2.7. I’m wondering if you have heard of removing the engine and transmission out the bottom instead of going out the front?
Out the bottom as a combined assembly is the common method for this type of work on a FWD car - assuming you have a facility to lift the car enough to clear the engine and transmission once it’s on the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts