Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
motor1.com :

We are 99 percent sure this is what the next Jeep Grand Cherokee will look like. 99 percent sure? That's a bold claim, but hopefully, we've built up credibility among readers to inspire a bit of confidence in such statements. Yes, we think our new exclusive renderings are pretty much spot-on for the next-gen Jeep, thanks in part to some fresh information that recently came our way. Here's how it all comes together.

For starters, we have some decent spy photos to work from, both on the outside and inside. In these instances, coverings have been pulled aside to give us a deeper look, and we relied on these exterior shots to create an early set of 2022 Grand Cherokee renderings towards the end of August. Admittedly, we still had some vague details to fill in for those designs, which is why we said the production version could look like the renderings. Since then we've seen the Jeep Grand Wagoneer concept, which gave us additional clues on Jeep's design direction.

See The 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee Before You're Supposed To (at https://www.motor1.com/news/447812/2022-jeep-grand-cherokee-renderings/ )

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

·
Registered
989 Posts

·
Jeepaholic
5,626 Posts
I like it. It looks like a Grand Cherokee. Didn’t need to reinvent the wheel on a vehicle that sells well already. I assume the 3-row will look similar?

Zag stamp of approval. :cool:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Doesn't really move the needle for me. Then again, I'm not sure what would! My guess is it'll sell just fine.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Looks good! Just like any other iconic car you want to evolve it...

Reactions: tlc and Tony K

·
Registered
527 Posts
I’ll wait to see the real thing. Interior awesome. Exterior, hopefully in better proportions than these renderings.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I like it. It looks like a Grand Cherokee. Didn’t need to reinvent the wheel on a vehicle that sells well already. I assume the 3-row will look similar?

Zag stamp of approval. :cool:
I'm with you. It looks like a Grand Cherokee. I'm a fan of the current Grand Cherokee, and my fear with the upcoming Grand Cherokee had been that it won't look like a Grand Cherokee.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks better than the GW. Proportions are better. Taillight design is bad on both. I would love to see a new Durango evolve out of this instead of going Ram based. I think Dodge is our only hope to break the bland styling trend FCA seems to be taking. Once again the interior is looking good. Why can't the exterior and interior designs both be good instead of just one of them. In the 90's and early '00's there was distinctive exterior styling pretty much across the board with hard plastic interiors. Now bland styling, awesome interiors.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,014 Posts
Not quite but it's close enough to call it.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Those taillights look like the ones on the spyshots we saw on the Wagoneer.

Also I feel like on the Wagoneer, if they had a D pillar like this, it would have gone a long way in bringing the feel of the original back.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,014 Posts
Those taillights look like the ones on the spyshots we saw on the Wagoneer.

Also I feel like on the Wagoneer, if they had a D pillar like this, it would have gone a long way in bringing the feel of the original back.
Don't forget, the first time Wagoneer left, the Grand Cherokee took it's place. That's probably why they decided to go a new (albeit boring and generic) design with the Wagoneer. Honestly, I think they could've almost gone the other way around with it but oh well.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
It's hard without seeing it in person like or dislike. I wished they had taken more of a risk on the outside, but they're not going to rock the boat, and risk alienating their core buyers. The interior looks great. This philosophy could be used on existing vehicles as well. A Charger or Challenger with a tweak or two outside and a new interior would do wonders.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It's a conservative evolution over the current model but it works well. Won't offend anyone, meaning it will atract a lot of buyers.
I do like the rear and the interior looks amazing.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts