Allpar Forums banner

61 - 80 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I made some modifications. Can anyone tell if there are improvements? Am I getting closer to the real thing?
(question for the ones who know, for the ones who have seen it)

View attachment 30575
This made me stop and study all the angles/body lines,; the former, I quickly turned away from. The tweaks take theyour eyes vertically as apposed to longitudinal along the body (PRESENCE). Great improvement!

·
10,438 Posts
I don't find Mercedes's design that impressive at the moment. Their vehicles look bulbous and amorphous.

But what do I know. I am not their target buyer.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Both the GC and GW lack adventure and flair to my eyes. The designers are being over cautious imo. Perhaps afraid to upset their established winning image. I wish they stretched the bar a lot more than they have with these two.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Many manufacturer put big front fascia with big grille / logo because otherwise You'll distint one model from one of another competitor... most look the same car with few design changes. Took away the fron fascia and logo (plastic) and try to guess who is the manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Many manufacturer put big front fascia with big grille / logo because otherwise You'll distint one model from one of another competitor... most look the same car with few design changes. Took away the fron fascia and logo (plastic) and try to guess who is the manufacturer.
It's been that way for years though if anything cars made today have more design directive than in the earlier years. They're just doing bigger logos/ grills because that is what the current designs that sell do and it's also currently apart of the brand image. In x amount of years it will change again, just like how wagons were family cars and then they were cool or crossovers were just another car and not they're for moving the family around

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
Yet for me a front end I find very distinctive is that of the VW Atlas. It is very conservatively styled compared to many other vehicles.
I like that the grill is fairly straight across the width of the vehicle, the front doesn't really begin to curve until the head lights.
In fact I like all of the exterior, conservative and clean. If only it weren't built by VW.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I like the sides of this rendering better than the current Grand. I also like the more upright grill.
Agreed on the sides. Assuming that this rendering is accurate, I'm heartened to see that they avoided the current trend toward silly conglomerations of swoops, creases and gouges along the doors and quarters. I'm thinking of certain Toyota/Lexus and Chevy models, which, from some angles, look like they've sustained sheet metal damage!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wonder if the doors really extend down through the rocker panel covers. That would seem to preclude or at least complicate fitment of rock rails, like the optional ones the current Trailhawk has. Hope they do a Trailhawk version that's at least as capable as the current one.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I wonder if the doors really extend down through the rocker panel covers. That would seem to preclude or at least complicate fitment of rock rails, like the optional ones the current Trailhawk has. Hope they do a Trailhawk version that's at least as capable as the current one.
Probably just protective cladding along the bottom few inches of the doors. No car has doors that come all the way down to the floor level.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Probably just protective cladding along the bottom few inches of the doors. No car has doors that come all the way down to the floor level.
Point taken. It just looks like the rocker cover is split and partially attached to the doors or something.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I really would like the WL to have a feature similar to “Wade Sensing” of LR.
Is it possible?

·
Jeepaholic
5,626 Posts
They're still testing these. A Grand Cherokee camo prototype and the Wagoneer mule Ram passed me on southbound I-75 at the top of Jellico in northern Tennessee. I was on my way home today.
Surely they’re busily making all the changes suggested here on Allpar. I can’t think of ANY other reason for still testing.

:p:D

·
Registered
951 Posts
Looks like they simply added lipstick outside, and stole the interior from a Ford Edge.

I don't even know why they keep "new" models like this under wraps. Unless you're doing something honestly new, why try to act like it's top secret?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Looks like they simply added lipstick outside, and stole the interior from a Ford Edge.

I don't even know why they keep "new" models like this under wraps. Unless you're doing something honestly new, why try to act like it's top secret?
I didnt know the Edge has a Floating Infotainment screen and gives off a Land Rover vibe.....

·
Registered
2,569 Posts

Yeah, apart from the new architecture, new PHEV and gasoline powertrains, cabin electronics, lighting systems, steering, brakes and suspension, SAE Level 2+ autonomous driving systems, different exterior dimensions, lighter running weight, higher torsional rigidity, higher crash-safety spec, lower noise and vibration, larger interior volume and completely different trim components, it is basically the same old car. Except the 3-row, which is basically the same old car with that stuff, just made longer with two extra seats...

·
Jeepaholic
5,626 Posts
Yeah, it is basically the same old car. Except the 3-row, which is basically the same old car just made longer with two extra seats...
See?? You just said it was the same old car!! Proof!!! :eek::eek:

:p:D

61 - 80 of 219 Posts