Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling the wife's Cruiser. Red with charcoal interior. It has 128k miles. I replaced the turbo about a year ago along with the new oil feed line. It also has a replacement ECM, new radiator and heater core. Timing belt replaced at 95k. The bumpers are faded and there are a couple of "dings" in them. One small hole in the drivers seat, just from wear. Never wrecked. We are the original owners. I performed all the maintenance/repairs and have all my records, even the original window sticker. I would like to ask $3000 (down $200 from my original post). I can come down a little. Opinions? Thoughts? Comments? I have seen Used Car Dealers listing the GT's for $3999.
IMG_6596.JPG
We are in the Greenville SC area. I can send pictures to anyone interested.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Price is unique to geographical area not to mention condition. It takes awhile to sell a PTC as it appeals to a narrow audience compared to a [boring] Honda, Toyota or Nissan. Suggest you look at www.cargurus.com and autotrader.com to see what others, mostly dealers, are asking for comparable vehicles. In my area [San Diego CA] there is a website nextdoor.com that is local and besides community news, has a free classified category and allows about 15 photos. In my area it seems to attract a better clientele than craigslist. See if it or a similar website exists in your area.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Depends how quickly you want to sell it. $3k is strong money for this car....

·
Registered
199 Posts
I bought a non GT (definitely wanted a non turbo cos it was also going to be 16yr old kiddo's car soon enough) with 228K near Greenville sc for $500 last year. Wasn't as well maintained as yours, I was in a hurry (else would have got it for less I would imagine) and it ended up another +1k and a lot of digging through the pullapart before it was problem free. I also wasted some $$$ by taking it to the local crook a few times before identifying a better mechanic.

So at 1/2 the miles and none of the problems and being turbo - may appeal to someone who wants turbo in great shape at 2X my cost in it.

·
Super Moderator
37,769 Posts
I bought my 2005 PT GT convertible with 90k miles last year for less than $2k. Granted it had a salvage title (but no body damage). I sold it a few months later in the dead of winter for just a bit more when I needed the cash for another deal. I think if I’d asked more than $2500 I’d still have it.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I don't think that's too bad of a price. Most PT's for sale around here are in nowhere near as good a shape as yours and prices are usually between $3 and 5,000. The big factor is the timing belt and you've already done that. Stick to your asking price, but be willing to negotiate a few hundred anyway. $2,500 is better than 0 dollars every day.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a 2003 PT that I got taken on for $2500 with 144k on it.I have not put 200 miles on it and have replaced the cooling fan,radiator,relays,trans fluid.Now the real issue is the p/o cut the harness at the a/c compressor and fused them together and tried to remove the high pressue switch.So It still has issues with the fan not coming on.At this point I have 3k in it and on c/l as a mechanics special for 1200.........none to happy!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts