Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
10,445 Posts
Unfortunately, the web business is all about the number of clicks they can generate. Yahoo is in decline, so they are desperate to generate clicks.

I use Yahoo for my email: their daily headlines are filled with sensationalism to get us to click. Yahoo is becoming the 21st century equivalent of a cheap dirty tabloid.

·
10,445 Posts
Indeed. I may close my yahoo account altogether.

·
10,445 Posts
eastcoaster said:
Aren't we getting a little bit carried away in the Yahoo! bashing?

Besides, it's just a listing by one individual, on the internet, in the form of an article. Earth-shattering, it is NOT.

BUT NEITHER POSITION IS NECESSARILY RIGHT OR WRONG.
This doesn't discount the fact that Yahoo is desperately trying to generate clicks however possible.

Let's face it: automotive writers and publications are in the business of picking winners and losers, and a Chrysler vehicle at the bottom of the rankings is almost a cliché. This lack of general respect for Chrysler leaves its products exposed to getting bashed by "media" outlets looking for attention.

I'd argue Avenger is no worse than Corolla, yet the media always finds something redeeming to say about a Toyota, no matter how crummy it may be. Well-established consumer trust helps Toyota shield its products from most criticism.

Until Chrysler earns a basic level of consumer trust, its products will be easy pickings for any publication --including Consumer Reports-- looking to drive the number of clicks up.

Reactions: dak4x4
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.