Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,851 Posts
A lot of information is online. The 2012 KK service manuals haven't been released to the public yet is my understanding. The 2009 KK would be similar, but there are some electrical, etc. changes. The Dodge Nitro (KA) is also similar.
Pirate CD copies may show up first, but beware that they may be incomplete and not Chrysler. This is copyrighted information and Chrysler-proprietary and confidential at the moment. As products come off warranty, information should become available.
Alldata is an online subscription service used by non-Chrysler shops. The dealer uses DealerConnect which is available to authorized Chrysler employees only.
The public libraries have been cut back, a main public library might have a subscription to Alldata or similar online service information website.
I like to have the service manual for everything I own if available and if affordable. Keep your eyes open on Google for now and we will try to answer any questions you may have here.
Most everything is on disc or download now as the 2012 KK service information would be about 3 phonebooks thick if printed on paper.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,851 Posts
Yeah, I had the very fine '66 Crown Coupe, but had to pass it on due to time and money constraints. It went to a good home. Too many neglected other projects here!
My wife has a 2011 Liberty. The spot-welded unibody flange is strong and will support the vehicle, but I try to use a flat frame structure surface ahead or behind it for lifting and supporting. It is a 2 ton vehicle.
Some special tools are recommended for certain services. You can improvise with what you may have on hand or find a tool rental or loan at an auto parts store. Air bubbles will always tend to rise to the top.
I still like the peace of mind of fresh fluids and periodic flushes as old fluids do age, get dirty and deteriorate. I use a premium conventional motor oil and OEM filters, but Mopar synthetic in everything else.
The Alldatadiy should provide most of what you need to know. Sometimes a picture (i.e.-exploded view) is worth a thousand words.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.