Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems strange to me that any news about FIAT is relegated to the same area in this site where you would also post news about Honda, BMW or Skoda. Given the relationship between FIAT Automobile Group and Chrysler, shouldn't they be in the same section of the Allpar BB? Or will it be after FIAT gains full ownership of Chrysler (or maybe never?). Not criticizing the choice made by the Admins, just finding it a bit strange, although I am sure I will soon be told the reasons why!!!! :)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
patfromigh said:
Too much of the Fiat stuff is "Not available in North America."
But that stuff is usually not discussed in the FIAT News & Rumors section. How was it handled during the Daimler period? (I am assuming the Allpar board was already in existence).

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts
Like It or Not "We" May Have Too.

The "Merger" May Get Too Complicated to Keep Track of.

And the Real Questions:

What About Maserati and Ferrari ?

And Soon Will Enzo Anselmo Ferrari be Spinning in His Grave at 10,000 RPM?

TMD :runaway:

Hint: The 1st One Was the REAL Question!

Reactions: Medicin-Man

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Mad Duck said:
Like It or Not "We" May Have Too.

The "Merger" May Get Too Complicated to Keep Track of.

And the Real Questions:

What About Maserati and Ferrari ?

And Soon Will Enzo Anselmo Ferrari be Spinning in His Grave at 10,000 RPM?

TMD :runaway:

Hint: The 1st One Was the REAL Question!
Funny! :)

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts
Not in Any Way, Shape, Form or Manner, Period.

TMD

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Yes, it probably should especially if it deals with the NA market. In NA it is a Chrysler brand.

Mike

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
FIAT News and Rumors was a Mopar News subforum before it was relegated to be an Auto News subforum. It is just my opinion that it should be again.

Besides, where do FIAT dealers, regardless of continent, source their parts? Mopar. Daimler would never have done something like this. It just seems more natural to have the FIAT news subforum in closer proximity to the Mopar news forum since platforms, architectures, etc. are shared, again unlike Daimler.

Reactions: JohnRogers

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I was gonna ask that. Wasn't there a Fiat news and rumors separate from Auto Industry news and rumors? Probably should be that way.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
With the sharing of platforms and parts, it will become more and more difficult to segregate Fiat stuff from Chrysler stuff.

Daimler shared very little, so it was easy to ignore anything they had new because it would never get to Chrysler (including parts). The only major sharing was between the Grand Cherokee and the ML as Daimler could see they sucked compared to Jeep's engineers!

Since Duckie is always very prescient on these matters, we will probably have to decide this sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Meh why not. As long as we are not bombarded with stuff that few have interest in. Otherwise if there is something that may interest readers post it.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
tryphon said:
Reason..?
Probably for the same reasons that Marchionne insists the new Maseratti V6 is not a Pentastar. ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
No it doesn't make much sense to me, two groups of brands with different identities (despite the technological sharing).

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
In my opinion, until a merger is completely done and thorough, there's no reason to merge the subforums. At the moment, there are lots of Mopars that don't have anything to do with FIAT, and lots of Fiats that don't have anything to do with Chrysler. One can argue that there are Mopars that still have more to do with Daimler even, especially with the transmissions and front subframe assemblies that are either directly-Benz or are derived from Benz designs.

Until the product lines are truly homogenized there's a chance that there could be a split. It happened with Daimler, and to an extent it happened with Mitsubishi.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts