Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some totals for the Global RallyCross threads along with NHRA, Formula 1 & ARCA. The results were alarming! Just for the Global RallyCross race in New Hampshire ALONE we only have 391 views here in News & Rumors & only 156 in the Motorsports News Section???

Why is this??

C'mon you guys, where is the love here for the Motorsports News Section?

We stepped up our game, bit our bullet, made some changes, allowed you to post what ever you think on any topic, allowed you to post what your thoughts are on how we are doing, we expanded into new motorsports categories, & just came off of the best weekend in the history of the Motorsports News Section for LeMans & backed it up with the last ALMS race at Lime Rock, yet when it comes to Global Rallycross, NHRA, Formula 1 or ARCA, the Motorsports News Section gets very little traffic unless we advertise these events here in Allpar's MOPAR News & Rumors, that's BS you guys!

The reporters here in Motorsports News Section work very hard to give you all the latest we have & when race reports don't get looked at & ignored, it's really disheartening! It's like organizing your birthday party & having none of your real friends you asked to be there not show up!

I do see one thing, it's not totally because that there isn't interest for these types of motorsports, because there is, but I think it's the fact that members here in News & Rumors do want Motorsports News, but are too lazy to search into another section Allpar to go find what we are reporting, even when we have breaking news a lot of times people miss us because they are so tuned into Mopar News & Rumors, mainly for the rumors, they can't drop what they are doing & come back to Mopar News & Rumors later. Hence why I'm seeing more views here in News & Rumors than in the Motorsports News Section itself. So it's time to ask this question:

If I have to ask to merge the Motorsports News Section to Mopar News & Rumors, or have Motorsports News become a subsection within Mopar News & Rumors, where there are 5 times as many people taking part in discussions here, I'm not afraid to make this change because I will put Motorsports News where the main part of Allpar's traffic is so Motorsports News stories & events won't get ignored & race fans can get more involved & find us easier.

We have Chrysler enthusiast race fans here that are plain ignoring us or plain don't know what we offer here & are too afraid to check out the changes we have made so you the member can enjoy the experience you have here on Allpar.com, this too is really disheartening!

Should Motorsports News be re-positioned stratigically & be merged with Mopar News & Rumors here on Allpar? Before I always fought to not have this happen, but now I see, I may have no choice if Motorsports News we report is going to receive more viewers & discussion & be taken more seriously here on Allpar.com!

The choice is up to you, Allpar members??

(Note, this does not mean any change would be made immediately, or if at all. This thread is an inquiry to see how to best deal with a problem that is doesn't seem to be improving very much outside of ALMS race coverage. As moderator for the Motorsports News Section, I will do whatever steps it takes to increase member's viewership of Motorsports news reports here on Allpar.com)

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
It might be because the rumors-related topics "feel" closer to what the buyer/enthusiast can relate to. Racing is in the hand of the team-owner and driver and how they deal with the on-track competition at that moment. These other topics are closer to the common wo/man. We want the cars we're interested in to do well in the race series we like as individuals, but we can't be involved individually - these other topics hit closer to home. This is my guess. You'll note that many of the participants in the rumors-related threads either own the cars, or have test-driven them ( or possibly someone close owns one ). That's more of a personal link than being a spectator of a race ... but people here have spectated while simultaneously sharing online, here.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
No it should not merge with Mopar-news-rumours ......
there is a dedicated section for it, it should stay there ....
A short headline stating info such as a new driver / team such is ok, it is news...weekly results - ok , but not in great detail ...just the headlines ...

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
It hasn't been the same since Dodge left NASCAR.

·
2,570 Posts
I say put the link up by the Fiat News and Rumors.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
MoparJoe said:
No it should not merge with Mopar-news-rumours ......
there is a dedicated section for it, it should stay there ....
A short headline stating info such as a new driver / team such is ok, it is news...weekly results - ok , but not in great detail ...just the headlines ...
Agreed.

drew54 said:
I say put the link up by the Fiat News and Rumors.
Good idea.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I think you're hitting on some key issues there bob. This does seem to be where the major chat is at. Rather than "laziness," it's probably more like - we are all just looking for the best place to connect and be heard..a common forum if you will?

That does not mean we aren't also interested in performance-motorsports. And it is news.

I personally, like to click on a rumor or news, whether it be about Ferrari, FIAT, Alpha, or racing in general..and be taken to that section of Allpar..because, I may find something else of interest there..and then it's easy to find my way back here when I'm done.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I like to read the headlines and see how Mopar did over the weekend, but I'm not too interested in reading details and participating in discussion until we're talking about NASCAR. Sure, I want to win in all venues that Mopar races, but without NASCAR, just give it to me in brief......

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
It hasn't been the same since Dodge left NASCAR.
+1! The way NASCAR is run by the France family may not be to everyone's liking, but it IS the most popular form of racing in the public's eyes and does get the most air time. F1, Indy, NHRA just don't draw as much interest or so it seems.

I agree with the suggestion of a weekly update of what's happening in motorsports should or could be posted in N&R.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
It's no secret that News and Rumors gets the majority of Allpar traffic and the search engines and links default to N&R.

However besides the absence of NASCAR Cup Dodges and the general lack of interest in European style racing, the lower traffic does not necessarily mean a lack of interest.
The 'Death of Jeep?" Thread has been in both N&R and Chrysler Chat, depending upon moderator support and or bias, and it receives many more visits in N&R than it does in Chrysler Chat.

I was surprised to see Motorsports moved from N&R, I thought that was a mistake.
ANY topic, not in N&R suffers from lower levels of traffic. It's simply the nature of the site layout.
So, Bob, I wouldn't take it personally, the coverage for the past few months has been outstanding, your reporters are doing an awesome job, with what they have to work with.
It also highlights the error that Mrchionne made when he allowed Penske to slip away. No matter what one thinks about NASCAR, it's the 800 lb gorilla of American Motorsports.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
H if I want to talk racing I go to a racing Forum like TF

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
TripleT said:
H if I want to talk racing I go to a racing Forum like TF
Too bad, because Allpar Motorsports Forums are a lot more than fan boys, there is real insider information here.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
No I love the motorsports section please keep it seperate!

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Jeepnut said:
It's a quandary, the honor of its own section vs the anonymity of not being in N&R.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Too bad, because Allpar Motorsports Forums are a lot more than fan boys, there is real insider information here.
Well since it is limited to Mopar it excludes many of my favorite forms of racing.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Jeepnut said:
Yes don't merge,add more pictures, tell us more about the vehicles,and parts ,add jeep and ram trk offroad racing. :3rd:

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MoparNorm said:
It's a quandary, the honor of its own section vs the anonymity of not being in N&R.
That is the problem we are seeing here on Allpar since Chrysler left NASCAR here in the U.S. Though ALMS races have picked up some of the viod & slack quite nicely! :D

tomtex said:
Yes don't merge,add more pictures, tell us more about the vehicles,and parts ,add jeep and ram trk offroad racing. :3rd:
We have added more pictures & tech information, ESPECIALLY for GRC to try to give this motorsport a boost & yet still no response or care for the Dodge Dart overall in racing. We have conveyed this to our other reporters as well to give more visual information when the make a race report to draw in more interest.

Unfortunately unless I'm mistaken or un-informed, Off road racing with Jeep or RAM (Especially RAM) is few & far between since MOPAR dropped the out of the TORC series.

Maybe MoparNorm can shed some light on some other feeder series individual competitors participate in? TORC & LOORS & now SST are the three main off road series for trucks here in the U.S. Without them we have no replacement series to cover here.

TripleT said:
Well since it is limited to Mopar it excludes many of my favorite forms of racing.
What are you interested in that is MOPAR related vs non MOPAR related? We want to help you as a member here as much as possible. Anything you want to see MOPAR related that your seeing here, just ask?

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Ok I went there saw no reference to Sprint or USAC racing threads, no Indycar.... ALMS yes and a little F1.

I lost interest in NiceCar when Brian France started with COT and common engine architecture, Have at it boys, GWC, and mystery Yellows, double file restarts.... and I am not the only one judging from the stands. But the rating remain high so there is no motivation, unless track owners start to whine, to return back to it root in more authentic racing and less motorsports entertainment.

That's my NiceCar rant.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,932 Posts
What needs to go back in News and Rumors is the Car Dealer Chat section. It died when moved to the "Events" subforum.

Motorsports probably belongs in News and Rumors too, if you ask me. But I don't follow motorsports much because Chrysler has a small presence in it to begin with.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TripleT said:
Ok I went there saw no reference to Sprint or USAC racing threads, no Indycar.... ALMS yes and a little F1.
Sprint or USAC, I'm not real up to date with, but also I'm not sure if Chrysler is participating there anymore? If so we can bring more reports here. USAC is the governing body for TORC which we did report on untill this year when MOPAR backed out.

IndyCar Chrysler does not participate in so nothing there.

We are trying to increase Formula 1 coverage to make it more accessable to members here, Skyblade is our head reporter for all things Ferrari related, our other Motorsports moderator Mike V. & our head reporter for ALMS Hemi Magnum are assistant reporters for F1 coverage that pertains to the Ferarri teams. We would like more reporters here to pitch in & help, not only for F1 but ALL motorsports! If your interested, please see me via PM so I can set you up & get you in on the rotation.
FreeLantz said:
Motorsports probably belongs in News and Rumors too, if you ask me. But I don't follow motorsports much because Chrysler has a small presence in it to begin with.
We have a bigger prescence than you think, especially if you include all the motorsports we are involved with that is NOT in the US!

Motorsports doesn't have to be corporate backed or sponsored to get attention here, just look at ARCA & NASCAR Canadian Tire Series to get to know this fact! We cater to ALL Motorsports MOPAR/Dodge/RAM is involved with. (Except MotoCross - that's where I draw the line since this is a car website!)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts