Allpar Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Too bad, because Allpar Motorsports Forums are a lot more than fan boys, there is real insider information here.
True-dat..just go read the Lime Rock thread!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Don't make any moves, I think it's on the right place, we need to give it some more time, Vipers will start to be more competitive, after that ads will start and then everybody will start having more interest.
Next year we will have so more of those type of racing, so people will start watching them and becoming fans.
Now with Fiat having more control over Chrysler, I can't see a come back to Nascar in the near future, I might be wrong, but I do think Chrysler will start racing in other series and not in Nascar.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
TripleT said:
http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.com/sprints-midgets/usac/road-to-the-gold-on-hold-until-2013/

http://www.examiner.com/article/usac-rule-changes-appear-to-favor-mopar

http://www.stantonracingengines.com/Results.aspx

just saying if you like USAC, Indycar, and F1 then there is no much.... content Openwheel racing is uniquely American and dates back to 1905 well before the Moonshine industry lead to a regional race series in the South East.

My vote is put it in this area also.
The QUESTION in the thread is about the best way to promote the ALLPAR Motorsports sections, NOT post links taking readers to OTHER web pages..geesz...

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Dr. Z said:
Maybe we should change the name from Motorsports to Racing.
It's not the title that is the problem Dave, I'm looking at where the traffic is in N & R vs what we have already in Motorsports News.

I'm trying to find a way to bring more people over & GET INVOLVED & or see what we are missing altogether to raise the bar needed to elevate the performance of the section. Like I said, The section isn't moving for now but I'm not afraid to make that change if more members in N&R would give Motorsports a chance to thrive. This thread is ONLY an inquiry as of now.

We have proven already the section isn't totally dependant on NASCAR, & it isn't dependant on ALMS either but I'm seeking more fans that want to hear more on ARCA, NHRA, GRC, F1, & NASCAR Canadian Tire Series where our corporate brands compete.

The questions are, why are we not finding them here on Allpar? & Why are there not enough race fans of ARCA, NHRA, GRC, F1, & NASCAR Canadian Tire Series not taking part in our discussions??

There are some who still have not accepted that Ferarri is a loose part of Chrysler now & this message needs to be loudly conveyed. The Motorsports News Section is NOT just about MOPAR/Dodge/RAM anymore. As members, we have to show we are fair, balanced & show no internal bias!

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Another thing I notice is that in general, Fiat & their brands isn't getting much love here even with their own section they have which could explain the low turnout for F1 fans here on Allpar.

Merging with N&R could gain us more readers that I'm looking for, but at the same time could get Motorsports News lost in the shuffle like the Fiat N&R is now.

Are members here really that biased, toward Chrysler when we should be supporting ALL the companies activities as truly ONE company no matter what brand is discussed???

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Another major problem we are faced with is that our news sources are using social media like Instagram & Vine & getting away from Facebook & Twitter which makes it hard for us to capture video & images & transcribe them here, & if you don't follow with your own account then these stories get missed.

If there is anyone who knows how to copy & paste video or images of anything on Instagram or Vine please let me know so I can bring more material here to allpar.com. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
MoparNorm said:
The QUESTION in the thread is about the best way to promote the ALLPAR Motorsports sections, NOT post links taking readers to OTHER web pages..geesz...
Bob made a statement that he didn't know if Mopar is still involved in USAC......... Geeeesz

Hard pinning it to the Top of the News and Rumor forum would work the best

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
moparbob said:
Another thing I notice is that in general, Fiat & their brands isn't getting much love here even with their own section they have which could explain the low turnout for F1 fans here on Allpar.

Merging with N&R could gain us more readers that I'm looking for, but at the same time could get Motorsports News lost in the shuffle like the Fiat N&R is now.

Are members here really that biased, toward Chrysler when we should be supporting ALL the companies activities as truly ONE company no matter what brand is discussed???
Let's put it this way, Bob; I didn't come here to follow F1. I am MOPAR! However, I do have an interest..mostly stemming from the Prost, Senna era. But coming to the realization that Ferrari is loosely related, now..I wanna follow it here!

Potentially, that aspect could grow BIG..give it time. Also, with Viper back on full song, so to speak, I suspect traffic will grow there.

Incidentally, it's nice to see FIAT supports Yamaha in WSB and RAM has a profile with Suzuki (Hart/Carmichael racing).

What would be cool to see..is Alpha Romeo and Lancia come back in Rallye while knowing that some part of the credit would be tied to MOPAR!

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
BASONE88 said:
Let's put it this way, Bob; I didn't come here to follow F1. I am MOPAR! However, I do have an interest..mostly stemming from the Prost, Senna era. But coming to the realization that Ferrari is loosely related, now..I wanna follow it here!

Potentially, that aspect could grow BIG..give it time. Also, with Viper back on full song, so to speak, I suspect traffic will grow there.

Incidentally, it's nice to see FIAT supports Yamaha in WSB and RAM has a profile with Suzuki (Hart/Carmichael racing).

What would be cool to see..is Alpha Romeo and Lancia come back in Rallye while knowing that some part of the credit would be tied to MOPAR!
Thanks for the insight, your the 1st person to really mention your point. If only you could help in spreading the Ferarri/MOPAR message, we would get more Fiat & Ferrari fans to come visit & get involved here in the Motorsports News Section.

Bear in mind, Ferarri participates in more than just F1, we also monitor Ferarri activities in ALMS as well!

We would love your participation as another ALMS race starts July 20th & the next F1 race is at the end of July.

Your point on Alfa Romeo & Lancia is very valid as they were big in rally years ago. Will have to look into ERC & WRC to see what teams are there.

Another strategy I have in mind is to post Ferarri race activities in FIAT N & R & link them to the Motorsports News Section so these readers can hop over to see what we have to offer.

I really hate to do all this multi-posting since it's really not allowed but it's the only way I have been able to gain any traffic in the Motorsports News Section lately.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
moparbob said:
Thanks for the insight, your the 1st person to really mention your point. If only you could help in spreading the Ferarri/MOPAR message, we would get more Fiat & Ferrari fans to come visit & get involved here in the Motorsports News Section.
Keep in mind, old habits die hard. As a youngster growing up in SoCal, I was an avid follower of SoCal local boy, Dan Gurney.
Gurney won something like 5 out of 6 NASCAR Road Races held at the legendary Riverside International Raceway. He also was the first person to have won Nascar, Grand Am, Trans Am, Indy Car, and Formula One races and participated as a teammate with World Champion Jimmy Clark at both Riverside and Indy, in the Ford Lotus.
He went to Europe and won on the F1 Stage, against the world's best drivers.
In the early 1960's, Enzo Ferrari reneged upon an agreement to sell Ferrari to Ford. Ford was so encensed, that he spared no expense to beat Ferrari at LeMans with an All American effort, the Ford GT 40.
Dan Gurney won the 1967 LeMans race and as a young teen, my American pride was bursting over Gurney's win.
Times change, however I will never really embrace Ferrari as a part of the "family".
Maybe after Viper wins LeMans I can....but really, with Viper running in ALMS against Ferrari, Ferrari is the enemy.

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
MoparNorm said:
Times change, however I will never really embrace Ferrari as a part of the "family".

Maybe after Viper wins LeMans I can....but really, with Viper running in ALMS against Ferrari, Ferrari is the enemy.
That's just like saying you don't accept Fiat now as a part of the Chrysler family either Norm. I know you have had your own experiences with their managment from what you have shared with us, but times have changed as you mention & the Ferarri & Fiat of the 60's isn't the same as it is now, just as Chrysler has gone through great change as well. Old habits die hard, some can accept what Chrysler is faced with now that we are almost fully merged with Fiat & hold no grudges. The rest need to adjust to the times Chrysler has now & move on. It's understood that, the day Sergio gets 100% of Chrysler LLC (which won't be too long in the near future) will be a sad day for lots of Chrysler enthusaist car owners, while general car buyers won't care at all who runs the company in the long run. The point being is we need to embrace change now & not resist, so it's easier on everyone when Fiat does get full ownership of Chrysler. Then we have no choice but to embrace & welcome Ferarri as part of the family too.

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
con383 said:
I will also try to bring you news on Australian national Drag Racing (ANDRA) as well as the NHRA.
I did check into the NHRA Sport Compact Racing Series Pro FWD to see if MOPAR is invoved still???

Looks like the series is no more??

Remember Shaun Carlson?? RIP!

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
moparbob said:
That's just like saying you don't accept Fiat now as a part of the Chrysler family either Norm. I know you have had your own experiences with their managment from what you have shared with us, but times have changed as you mention & the Ferarri & Fiat of the 60's isn't the same as it is now, just as Chrysler has gone through great change as well. Old habits die hard, some can accept what Chrysler is faced with now that we are almost fully merged with Fiat & hold no grudges. The rest need to adjust to the times Chrysler has now & move on. It's understood that, the day Sergio gets 100% of Chrysler LLC (which won't be too long in the near future) will be a sad day for lots of Chrysler enthusaist car owners, while general car buyers won't care at all who runs the company in the long run. The point being is we need to embrace change now & not resist, so it's easier on everyone when Fiat does get full ownership of Chrysler. Then we have no choice but to embrace & welcome Ferarri as part of the family too.
I think perhaps you missed my point. It's my lifelong upbringing that Ferrari was the enemy.
If GM bought Chrysler, I would not overnight become a GM fan.
We (Viper) are racing AGAINST Ferrari, I am not going to embrace them, I am going to root to defeat them on the track.
I have no grudges with Fiat, only some friendly competition on the track.

This is the United States of America, we always have a choice. ;)

·
2,570 Posts
MoparNorm said:
I think perhaps you missed my point. It's my lifelong upbringing that Ferrari was the enemy.
If GM bought Chrysler, I would not overnight become a GM fan.
We (Viper) are racing AGAINST Ferrari, I am not going to embrace them, I am going to root to defeat them on the track.
I have no grudges with Fiat, only some friendly competition on the track.

This is the United States of America, we always have a choice. ;)
I grew up feeling this way. I think it is fine that Ferrari is included in the Motorspots section, just don't be mad when some of us don't read/follow the stories.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I guess, in a round-about way, we are heading towards the days when Alfa was known for it's off-road prowess..the Dart..

As far as SRT vs. Ferrari, they have been the enemy..but now they're more family. Welcome!

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
drew54 said:
I grew up feeling this way. I think it is fine that Ferrari is included in the Motorspots section, just don't be mad when some of us don't read/follow the stories.
I think it's fine that Ferrari and any other Fiat effort is covered in Motorsports. I don't wish them ill, and I follow their finishes.
I just won't root for them when a Mopar is the competition.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts