Allpar Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
MoparJoe said:
No it should not merge with Mopar-news-rumours ......
there is a dedicated section for it, it should stay there ....
I agree! I have absolutely no interest in motor sports.

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,739 Posts
I'd vote No as well. I come here for news on street production vehicles and concepts. I know where Motorsports is when interested.

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
John Rogers said:
I'd vote No as well. I come here for news on street production vehicles and concepts. I know where Motorsports is when interested.
We would like to see you join our discussions more often. Though we appreciate & thank you for viewing our posts & your support, we can't always tell when members are here if they are just lurking at the news either.
xjgary said:
I have absolutely no interest in motor sports.
How come?

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,117 Posts
Haven't paid attention to NASCAR since they stopped running cars found in the local showrooms and the drivers take 95% of the attention away from the brand. I pay more attention to drag racing because I can participate in the events. For me this directly relates to the brand and body style I drive. Except for my 1 four door and one convertible I have had nothing but 2 door cars. If it weren't for my wife there wouldn't have been a Jeep or 4 door in my driveway. But that's just me. I'll go with the majority vote.

con383 said:
I know that FIAT is a sort of savior but I still can't help how i feel resentment towards them.
I don't resent fiat but I do want them out of my engine compartment.

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
jerseyjoe said:
Haven't paid attention to NASCAR since they stopped running cars found in the local showrooms and the drivers take 95% of the attention away from the brand. I pay more attention to drag racing because I can participate in the events. For me this directly relates to the brand and body style I drive. Except for my 1 four door and one convertible I have had nothing but 2 door cars. If it weren't for my wife there wouldn't have been a Jeep or 4 door in my driveway. But that's just me. I'll go with the majority vote.
We got the NHRA event just for you this week as it is MOPAR sponsored!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think the departure of Nascar took a big chunk out of my attention span for racing. As much as I had grown to dislike the way they ran things, I still kept up with who was winning and running where. Now with no Chrysler's I haven't seen a race this year aside from the last half of the Daytona 500 and the last few laps at Daytona a couple weeks ago. I know it was late in the season when I got into it, but I was really starting to dig the TORC series, but have heard very little about it this year. I think the face that it was speculated (confirmed?) a lot of the trucks were running Ram bodies and Ford motors killed a lot of interest in that as well.

Personally I would be more apt to follow a series that featured Ram (power and bodies) moreso than any other brand. I never seem to follow open wheel that long even though I say I will every season, and stock cars though I still enjoy the lower levels of the sport aren't featured enough on tv to bother with. Which I believe is the big reason for the decline in participation. The F1 races are on consistantly, but way to early for most people to bother watching. NHRA coverage is great, but ESPN runs so many commercials, and the rest of the series seem to have no consistant tv schedule.

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
2_Brew_Crew said:
I think the departure of Nascar took a big chunk out of my attention span for racing. As much as I had grown to dislike the way they ran things, I still kept up with who was winning and running where. Now with no Chrysler's I haven't seen a race this year aside from the last half of the Daytona 500 and the last few laps at Daytona a couple weeks ago. I know it was late in the season when I got into it, but I was really starting to dig the TORC series, but have heard very little about it this year. I think the face that it was speculated (confirmed?) a lot of the trucks were running Ram bodies and Ford motors killed a lot of interest in that as well.

Personally I would be more apt to follow a series that featured Ram (power and bodies) moreso than any other brand. I never seem to follow open wheel that long even though I say I will every season, and stock cars though I still enjoy the lower levels of the sport aren't featured enough on tv to bother with. Which I believe is the big reason for the decline in participation. The F1 races are on consistantly, but way to early for most people to bother watching. NHRA coverage is great, but ESPN runs so many commercials, and the rest of the series seem to have no consistant tv schedule.
Let me ask this question & provide a solution 2 Brew Crew,

If the TV broadcasting inconsistencies is one of the reasons why your not watching, we do feature the races on LIVE webcast when available. ALMS, GRC are available on ESPN 3.com & the ARCA races feature a LIVE audio webcast for races that are not nationally televised (These races are on broadcast delay starting in August on NBC Sports Network) Also you can DVR any race you want to see later to stay up to date with our reports. If you need to, you can go to a local library to catch the webcasts if you don't have or own your own computer, laptop. or tablet!

We feel your pain on the RAM brand not racing, other than Jennifer Jo Cobb in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. Although this is all what we have, to cheer for it's also not news worthy when she finishes in the 30's to dead last.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I absolutely agree with you about Jennifer Jo Cobb. I'd like to see her succeed, but I've been watching long enough to know single car team + only entry by manufacturer + part time sponsor = field filler unfortunately. The truck series used to be my favorite of all Nascar series until Ram cut back a few seasons ago.

For me personally I think it's just I fell out of the habit. I used to watch quite a bit of Arca and some ALMS depending on what division was featured/if a Viper was in the field. But when Speed moved to a more Nascar only oriented program schedule and shuffled things around I stopped watching. Combine that with Chrysler cutting back in everything and it really took a toll on my interest level.

I didn't realize ESPN3 had all of that though, so I'll give that a shot and see how I like their online coverage, hopefully it's better than their tv coverage.

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
2_Brew_Crew said:
I didn't realize ESPN3 had all of that though, so I'll give that a shot and see how I like their online coverage, hopefully it's better than their tv coverage.
The TV coverage & Online webcast coverage is the EXACTLY same, just that there is very few to no commercials on the webcast & you get to see features that get edited out during the TV broadcast & re-airings. That's why it pays to watch the races on line.

(GRC has no commercials via webcast, ALMS has a few since it's tied to the TV broadcast, ARCA is audio only on their website only when SPEED is not covering the races)

Bring some friends with you & spread the word about the on-line the races! Also if you have an X-Box system, you can catch the races this way also!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts